heated seats

rebs

Reaction score
I would like to know if there are any adverse effects on heated leather seats from the heating element, such as drying out the leather etc. ?

Thank you for any help

I would like to know if there are any adverse effects on heated leather seats from the heating element, such as drying out the leather etc. ?

Thank you for any help
The heated seat in our 2000 Pontiac GTP is in it's 9th winter with no adverse effects.
It's a great option if you have a leather interior. I would definitely order it again.

I've had heated seats on my last 4 cars. Never had a problem. Technically, anytime something is heated it drys out a little. But, I condition my seats a couple times a year. So I don't know if untreated seats crack more over time.

I've never had any problems with the one's in my 1998 Acura 3.0CL. I spray mine every 3 months with the Pinnacle leather cleaner and conditioner spray. :D

Won't harm leather. Although I'll you this, having a glitch where the seat heater stays on while its 95 degrees out in the summer is a lot of fun :D . Happened when I was driving a Chevy pickup, talk about swamp-ass :D

I've had heated seats on my last 4 cars. Never had a problem. Technically, anytime something is heated it drys out a little. But, I condition my seats a couple times a year. So I don't know if untreated seats crack more over time.
:whs:

Leatherique should be perfect for heated seats, I believe the instructions ask for creating "steam" so that the conditioner works its magic. :D

Dads new CTS has air cooled seats too .... I dont know how they will look in 10 years but a cool hiney in Florida summer is quite a nice offering especially with remote start.

wow.. air cooled seats! very nice!
i also have to think about it ... i live in LA!
is your dad content with the seats??
greetz

Back