PDA

View Full Version : P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner on Tires too???

Emile
12-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey,

I just got some P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner in the mail this evening - specifically two of the 500ml (16.9oz) Kit. Does this stuff work on tire sidewalls as well? Does anybody know if this stuff will strip wheel waxes and wheel sealants? I would test all this out myself but I got home late so it's dark and it's 27 degrees F outside....as is the case every night by the time I get home these days. :(

Thanks,
Emile

dublifecrisis
12-08-2008, 10:17 PM
i would probably use something else on tires and yes it will strip most of any sealant off your wheels. like any wheel cleaner, use this stuff every so often but just a soap and water in between to preserve your sealant. for your tires, spray an all purpose cleaner or dedicated tire cleaner....besides p21s is too expensive to just waste away on tires.

Emile
12-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Lol, alright cool thanks dublifecrysis, I appreciate that. And yeah, I was just doing the math and this P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner is bloody expensive !! It's just for occasional use, probably every time I want to re-apply my wheel sealant.

supercharged
12-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Any wheel cleaner will strip off any wax or wheel sealant.

Reddwarf
12-09-2008, 09:59 AM
I use ARO for the tires and wheel wells. I find when i use a wheel sealant I don't need a wheel cleaner, just soap and water. When the wheels are really dirty I would break out the P21S.

Jimmie
12-09-2008, 11:50 AM
I use ARO for the tires and wheel wells. I find when i use a wheel sealant I don't need a wheel cleaner, just soap and water. When the wheels are really dirty I would break out the P21S.

:iagree::whs: