PDA

View Full Version : Wet Tire Dressing

Pages : [1] 2

sparkie
08-15-2006, 03:47 AM
I need a tire dressing with a very wet shine for my customers, and also that last in the rain and non-greasy. I like the matt look, but they like the wet high gloss look. I also like it not attract dust or sling all over the paint. Suggestions

Jonboy
08-15-2006, 03:55 AM
I like PB BnB water based so easy application, good durability, quite glossy, not a real high shine though

FloridaNative
08-15-2006, 06:39 AM
The Meguiar's Insane Shine is the shiniest one that I have used so far. I bought it on a whim one day to try it out and it is very very shiny. The name really fits the product. lol

Surfer
08-15-2006, 08:02 AM
I have Megs Insane Shine and its very bling blingy, if your into that, like literally there are reflections on the tire lol. But I'm not going to buy it again, aersol can causes it to spray everywhere even when aimed at the tire, and the little spray floating in the air gets on your paint and other places. It can be a pain to remove, and smears like crazy if it gets on my chrome wheels (even though I custom made a shield to keep them wheels clean when spraying). Plus it doesn't really dry, you can touch it days later and it leaves a residue on your fingers, which makes dirt and other stuff stick to it like glue.

Peronally I think I'm going to stick to the new Armor All Tire Gel that's OTC, cheap, deep wet look and good durability, but more importantly easy to apply and not messy like other gels. Otherwise I'd get Poorboys B&B, or maybe the Wolfgang or Pinnacle Tire Gels.

FloridaNative
08-15-2006, 08:08 AM
I agree with Surfer. The Insane shine is way to shiny for my taste too.

Reddwarf
08-15-2006, 08:30 AM
I really like the DP tire gel. However, I learned about the sling problem you mentioned! My 13 year old did the tires for me recently and he applied way too much. I have to rewash the car now! That hasn't happened to me before so I assume it was due to applying too much product.

Mike T
08-15-2006, 08:46 AM
I love you BnB. The more layers you add the shinier it gets. I like the high gloss look against the black finish. But I currently use Meg's Insane shine because of its high gloss and it stands up to the rain longer. The Aerosol is a pain but I find it makes things easier if you apply right after you're done washing.

articsilber323
08-15-2006, 10:34 AM
when im doing customer cars i use turtle wax wet and black

its is realy shiny and seams to hold up in the weather

on my car i use poorboys bnb and i love it

2 layers and im good to go for 2 weeks

-z

abrcrombe
08-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Meg's endurance glossy version. You can find it at autozone and you can layer it for more gloss. Also it lasts a good while, couple weeks, a lot better than Meg's insane shine (2-3 days). I haven't had problems with dust or anything, but I use the matte version.

ScottB
08-15-2006, 05:49 PM
DP's Gloss Gel is a super value and a great glossy product. Drying tires properly and getting the water out of the tread/design/letters is the key. I rather like the Poorboys Bright and Bold also.

Reddwarf
08-15-2006, 05:52 PM
DP's Gloss Gel is a super value and a great glossy product. Drying tires properly and getting the water out of the tread/design/letters is the key. I rather like the Poorboys Bright and Bold also.

Perhaps that was my problem. I love the way the DP Gel goes on the tire. I let it sit for 30 minutes before driving, but should I do something else to make sure they are dry?

ScottB
08-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Perhaps that was my problem. I love the way the DP Gel goes on the tire. I let it sit for 30 minutes before driving, but should I do something else to make sure they are dry?

Using a leaf blower is the easiest ... compressed air is another. You cannot believe how much water the ribbing holds. I also find that using a terry cloth round wax applicator works well and keeps from overloading the tires which can then cause spitting as the product cannot dry properly.

98bmw323is
08-17-2006, 11:19 PM
what about those foam blocks you can buy. anyone have luck with those?

sparkie
08-18-2006, 01:50 AM
This is what I use!http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/200graysponge.jpg

P1et
08-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Has anyone ever use Bleche White? It's only $2.50 at Wal*Mart and it strips EVERYTHING off your tires for that brand-new, from the factory look. Pretty cool stuff.

Just make sure to NOT get it on your wheels, it will leave spots. You have to be really careful.

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/466938_front200.jpg