PDA

View Full Version : i need help

jamores23
12-21-2008, 10:29 PM
I am a newbie to all this. whats the point of using cleaner wax ? how would I layer wax and why? I need to know all of the small things will any one please help?

r0ckstrWS6
12-22-2008, 10:50 AM
a cleaner wax, polishes and waxes at the same time. it removes small scratches, waterspots. this just leaves an option to skip the polishing step(s) and go to this, but at the same time if the scratches are too much for the cleaner wax, you may have to polish anyway.

a pre-wax cleaner cleanses the paint of any oils and helps prep the paint for wax or sealant.

You'd want to layer wax ( or sealant) for more protection and durability. after the initial cure time of applying the wax, just apply another coat of wax ( or sealant).

D
12-22-2008, 11:35 AM
The definition of a cleaner wax may vary slightly between companies.

jamores23
12-22-2008, 04:23 PM
How do I know what waxes or better yet what mixture of products will be good on a black car or a white car? Whats the difference between a orange pad, blue pad, white pad when buffing or polishing?

Brace1
12-22-2008, 04:43 PM
How do I know what waxes or better yet what mixture of products will be good on a black car or a white car? Whats the difference between a orange pad, blue pad, white pad when buffing or polishing?

Just read through the forums for wax recommendations on different colors. Souveran is almost always recommended, especially on black. For lighter and metallic colors, you'll hear a lot about SSII or Max Wax and lotsa others. Lately I've been using Collinite 845 and Poorboy's Natty's Red and very happy with both. I generally put them on top of a sealant.

As far as pads, you can't go too much on the colors alone, as they vary by manufacturer. Go more by cutting, polishing, finishing/finesse, etc. Just look at the website wherever you order/ed them from and you should be able to tell there.

ScottB
12-22-2008, 05:27 PM
A cleaner wax or AIO product offers to do all things, but does not specialize in any of the steps specifically.

And as you quessed, you cannot top or layer AIO's with AIO's but could use a pure wax like Souveran, Dp, Poorboys Natty, and others.