PDA

View Full Version : Foam master!

img
01-06-2009, 02:48 PM
I purchased a quart Foam Master from AG, and broke it out again
last weekend while the weather was nice. I had almost forgotten
how awesome it is. This is one product worth adding to anyone's
detailing arsenal. Wish that AG offered the half-gallon container,
so those of us with the quart could have a larger capacity--just a thought.

alowe
01-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Maybe they will sell just the container? Or check out usplastics, they may have one that fits.

vinnier6
01-06-2009, 04:22 PM
yea, i was looking at getting one of thoes soon....i saw some thing at target the other day that looked like i could use to presoak, it was in the auto dept and it was a mixing gun for 8 bucks, but it wasnt like the foamaster...i will probably end up with one of thoes the next time i order from ag....

ScottB
01-06-2009, 07:52 PM
three years and counting .. I love my foam gun and only added a Dramm shutoff.

VISITOR
01-06-2009, 08:01 PM
agreed, it's money well spent and worth every penny. i don't ever regret purchasing one... for those who are thinking about buying those soap dispenser spray guns at target, walmart, etc., save your money and buy the real deal...

Emile
01-08-2009, 12:14 PM
yea, i was looking at getting one of thoes soon....i saw some thing at target the other day that looked like i could use to presoak, it was in the auto dept and it was a mixing gun for 8 bucks, but it wasnt like the foamaster...i will probably end up with one of thoes the next time i order from ag....
Yeah I purchased that exact same thing from Target before ordering the foam gun. That little $8 thing does work but it sprays the water or the water/soap mixture in a straight stream and there is basically no foam, and you cannot adjust the soap/water mixture...it's either spraying water, or soap and water together.

For $8 you don't have much to lose but having purchased one myself and knowing what it's like, I'd rather put that $8 towards the purchase of the real Foamaster Foam Gun.

dublifecrisis
01-08-2009, 01:08 PM
so do most of you pro-foamers just hook it to the waterhose?

And do you ever have problems with the soap/water drying up too fast on the surface?

I know not to wash in the sun but in Florida, I would think even in the dawn/dusk hours this could happen.

Dusty Bottoms
01-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Just curious, has anybody tried using those Ortho brand hose end pesticide sprayers?? I thought about one day when I was out spraying my yard...

Jimmie
01-08-2009, 02:00 PM
The quart size has always been more than enough for my needs. It will foam a large vehicle 2+ or two cars easily. Easy enough to refill too.

DieselClown
03-04-2009, 02:00 AM
just curious if there is a way to increase the foam like a foam cannon so that it sticks to the car better.

ScottB
03-04-2009, 09:02 AM
just curious if there is a way to increase the foam like a foam cannon so that it sticks to the car better.

the brass metal pin on top allows more or less soap. Using soaps like DP, Poorboys, and Duragloss provide more than enough IMO.