PDA

View Full Version : Glass polishing

GMC83
01-17-2009, 08:28 PM
i know its safe to clay glass, but can you use a paint cleaner on it such as DC1 or Scratch X to improve clarity??

gundie22
01-17-2009, 08:37 PM
I dont know for sure about the two you mentioned but i tried megs 80 on a LC orange pad and all hard water deposits were gone and the glass looked brand new. i think scratch x is similar to megs 80 in that they both use diminishing abrasives so i would think it would work, but i'm no expert.

D
01-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Sure why not?

dublifecrisis
01-17-2009, 09:47 PM
glass is way harder than the paint that those same products are used for. I would suggest an all in one though because it would clean and seal all in one step.
I use Poli-seal all the time on windows and it works great.

Emile
01-18-2009, 12:19 AM
I know you like Meguiar's but I can't find any glass polish from them. I like 1Z Einszett Glas Polish and DP High Performance Glass Restorer.

Type[R]+
01-18-2009, 05:15 AM
glass is way harder than the paint that those same products are used for. I would suggest an all in one though because it would clean and seal all in one step.
I use Poli-seal all the time on windows and it works great.
I will have to do that when mine turns up.
I have got some autoglym glass polish that works pretty good, but I am pretty sure it has no sealant properties.

ScottB
01-18-2009, 10:03 AM
because glass "might" scratch or show the scratches a bit more than paint (as we look thru it in sunlight) I prefer to stick to polishes offering designed for glass specifically. DP, Diamonite, and Zaino all offer nice ones.