Detail Arsenal Must-Haves - Please list

Emile

Reaction score
Hey,

So I know there are recreational and professional detailers on this forum, but what is a must-have product in your detail arsenal? I don't care if it's an actual product or a detailing tool or a detailing accessory. Please list one and tell us why you can't live without it. I'll start:

Optimum No Rinse.

I'm fairly new to it but it quickly became a detailing necessity. Rinseless washes for indoor winter washing. I mix it as a QD in a spray bottle to use as a waterless wash/quick detailer. Also works well as a clay lube. Finally, from what I understand, ONR provides its own level of protection on its own once you wash the vehicle with it.

Next!

ONR would have been my first answer too. Even when i do a conventional 2 bucket wash I pour in a cap of ONR along with the soap. and I use it all the time as a QD and clay lube.

hmmm, I suppose having a machine is a must at least to get to that 'next level'. Whether you're a pro or a weekend warrior, you're limited to what you can do by hand right?
That said-a machine polisher is a must have IMO.

ProLine Grout Sponge - Works great with ONR and also as a traditional wash media. I did a full detail in October and have only induced minor swirls using ONR + grout spongeIm the MAN

M105

Fast cutting, and finishes off very nicely.

For me having Asphalt Rocket teaching me the in and out of detailing.But really my SIP and Nano Menz products awesome for hard clear coats

Whatever you have...always have a spare...accidents happen (drop stuff,etc).

I'll add another one:

Klasse AIO.

This is a must-have for me because it chemically (non-abrasive) cleans up the exterior of the vehicle from any and all waxes, polishes, etc. and leaves a super nice shine on the vehicle that lasts for 6+ months. I also like that it polishes glass, plastic, and chrome so one single product takes care of virtually the entire exterior of the vehicle. Also very nice that it is WOWO so no waiting to haze over or anything like that.

Ibuprofen and pain killers for my back, knee and shoulders:D

I'd have to say my Aztec Hotrod Hot Spotter! The heat is all the difference in the world!

Back