Topping Zaino

OGauge4Me

Reaction score
Has anyone topped Zaino with a wax and are you happy with the results?

I took advantage of the Fuzion special and was wondering if there are any benifits to topping Zaino with a wax?

This is a pic of my family car with Zaino applied.

DSCN0363.jpg

Tom, that pic does your car no justice!! The gloss and depth on that car is increadible, I have seen it in person a few times :D

Absolutely don't do it!!!!
Send the Fuzion to me so you aren't tempted to try it. :D

Seriously.
If you have the Fuzion, I would most certainly use it.
The only possible drawback I can think of is that when you want to apply more Zaino, the wax will need to be removed for the Zaino to bond properly.
From what I have read about the look of Fuzion, you may never touch the Zaino again. :)

Absolutely don't do it!!!!
Send the Fuzion to me so you aren't tempted to try it. :D

Seriously.
If you have the Fuzion, I would most certainly use it.
The only possible drawback I can think of is that when you want to apply more Zaino, the wax will need to be removed for the Zaino to bond properly.
From what I have read about the look of Fuzion, you may never touch the Zaino again. :)

I tend to think that may happen.

I might wait till it is warmer and do half the hood before I polish in the spring. I took a nasty mark to the hood that will need to be polished out.

Ryan is this pic better?

DSCN4863.jpg

more than several on the corvetteforum use Souveran over Zaino with nice results, just dont tell the Zaino crowd as you might be stoned.

more than several on the corvetteforum use Souveran over Zaino with nice results, just dont tell the Zaino crowd as you might be stoned.

I thought about that. LOL I have been using Zaino for about 7 years now as well as some other product on the family van.

I may have to check out a Vette forum or two.

I actually recently did my G35 Coupe with a coat of Zaino Z-AIO and then topped it with a coat of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Zaino made the black nice and bright and shiny, and the DGPS gave the paint really nice depth and slickness. Overall I think the car came out looking great and I would like to continue this combination in the future.

I would take some pictures for you but the G35C is really dirty right now after driving around 320 miles over the past two days here in NJ winters.

Emile:
Thank you for the reply. This is what I was hoping would happen. I will probably do half the hood and see what it looks like in the sunlight.

I cannot wait for spring to get here. Today was almost 60 so I did manage to wash the Bonneville but not the van. Tomorrow is the DC auto show and I should be able to squeeze in a washing for the family van.

my two wax picks for a zaino topper are p21s 100% and dodo supernatural as both of the waxes have a more glossy look imo. however i would not hesitate to put on fuzion.

No harm in trying. Im not sure if Fuzion would be my topper of choice though. I would say Souveran, Lusso Oro or P21S 100% as a topper. In the summer try using the Fuzion by itself and see how you like that compared to Zaino.

I also have some P21s so I think I will do 1/2 the hood with Fuzion and the other 1/2 with P21s and see which one I like the best.

I also have some P21s so I think I will do 1/2 the hood with Fuzion and the other 1/2 with P21s and see which one I like the best.
Sounds like a terrific idea. :applause: (I would use a thumbs up, but I didn't see one.)

A couple of thoughts.
1. Is your P21S the original P21S Concours or the new P21S 100%?
2. Can you get someone else to make a comparison without them knowing which area has which wax?

Sounds like a terrific idea. :applause: (I would use a thumbs up, but I didn't see one.)

A couple of thoughts.
1. Is your P21S the original P21S Concours or the new P21S 100%?
2. Can you get someone else to make a comparison without them knowing which area has which wax?

good post. brand recognition can sway results. " which do you prefer side A or side B" is a truer test.

I have tons of Zaino...and just put in the order for 2/1 Fusion....when the weather improves, I'll let everyone know my thoughts.

I have used the old P21S over Zaino, was not impressed. Just my two cents.

If I do top Zaino, then it will be with one of Natty's trio ( Red, White or Blue)..:cheers:

I havethe old P21s. I will still try it and see what happens.

Back