Question Collinite 845

Lonewolf2007

Reaction score
I am new to detailing and need advice on collinite 845.
Do I need to do anything specail to prep before I apply the 845?

Can I just do a normal wash and apply it?

Thanks for your advice I have never used this product before.

Welcome to the forums! :)

I have not used #845 but I have used #885. To answer your question, yes, you could just do a normal wash, dry, then apply. If your car's paint needs more care, you might want to consider using a clay-bar to remove paint contaminants from the surface. (The more experienced detailers will have more good advice too, so be ready! :) )

More detailing info here...
Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides

LoneWolf, 845 is just like any typical wax: optimally you want to apply it to a prepped surface. If you have never cleaned your paint, you might want to consider doing two things (in this order):

1) Clay

2) Apply a paint cleaner (e.g., Meguiar's Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner [inexpensive] or P21S Paintwork Cleanser [more expensive]).

Or instead of a paint cleaner, you could apply a cleaner wax/sealant (e.g., Meguiar's ColorX or Klasse AlO).

You would then apply one or two coats of 845. Collinite 845 is a great product--easy to apply and remove and provides excellent durability.

Cheers,
Al

It's a great wax for the money. I have 2 coats of 845, 2 coats of Meg 26, and 1 coat of Fuzion on my truck. Looks great for white. Like the guys said, clay and a cleaner will make a better base for the 845. You should get 6 months of protection, if you can go that long without waxing.

My question is almost the same, except I plan to use other products...

I plan to clay....do the wolfgang Swirl then Glaze with PC. Can I go straight to the Fuzion? I can seal with Z2 or put P21s paint enhancer.

How many layers with Fuzion?

You can go straight to the fuzion after polishing. Try the TSR with a white pad first. Then the wolfgang finishing glaze with a gray pad. If you wanted you can use the P21 lotion after polishing, then apply 2 coats of fuzion. Wait 12 hours between coats.

With a black car you could do a 3 step and make your ride pop. Do you have any other finishing polishes? DO you have all the pads?

I like your plan Lonewolf. Think I'd go with a chemical cleaner to get the oxidation and then Collinite 845. Chemical cleaners that have worked well for me are: PB Professional Polish; Pinnacle PCL; DG501.

Loudog - I have orange, white, gray, blue and red CCS pads.

I do not have any other polishes....

What do you suggest?

for best results from any wax or sealant :

wash == clay == polish === protect

Are all clays the same?

Mine were used a few times.... but investing in something new makes sense.

I am considering the mother's line...but open for suggestions.

One more very important thing about 845. After you think you have shaken it enough, Shake it some more and keep on shaken it though the wax process.:D

LOL. Ain't that the truth! :cheers:
I've thought of just sticking it in the dryer next time and letting it tumble for a bit :D . 845 is good though, looks great and durable. Holds up incredibly well on our boat and watercraft.

Back