Engine Degreaser, why such a change in prices?

Damnhor2

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I wanna order an engine degreaser for my car, I think it's about time after 3 years of a dirty engine :)

I noticed that DP Engine Degreaser - 128 oz. costs $44.99
While Meguiar's Super Degreaser Concentrate, 1 Gallon costs $15.99

Can anyone explain to me why the difference in cost?

Thanks!

Hey guys!
I wanna order an engine degreaser for my car, I think it's about time after 3 years of a dirty engine :)

I noticed that DP Engine Degreaser - 128 oz. costs $44.99
While Meguiar's Super Degreaser Concentrate, 1 Gallon costs $15.99

Can anyone explain to me why the difference in cost?

Thanks!

Buy the P21S Total Auto Wash and not worry about the above two.

or the Optimum Powerwash offering. Its not always about the money, its about the best product and safest uses.

Can someone explain to me the differences between a bulk style degreaser and a high end cleaner? I've never experienced a problem with the less expensive ~$15 per gallon cleaners that can usually be diluted to make 5 gallons. Do they clean better, easier or faster? Have I been missing out on some new technology over the last 10+ years? Keep in mind that I usually presoak and then powerwash my engine compartments.

Last edited:
I don't know Dave, maybe we just like the expensive stuff, hell I still use simple green alot.

I don't know Dave, maybe we just like the expensive stuff, hell I still use simple green alot.
I'm with you on this one Asphalt. When I had a diesel engine in my boat nothing worked better than SG.

Back