PDA

View Full Version : Glass Repair

snomon1017
03-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Is there any way to repair surface scratches on glass, something like you can do on paint? I've tried everything from glass cleaners to Kalsse AI1 to Rain-X and nothing seems to cover up the scratches. Since this is on my daily driver car and not my REAL car, I haven't sweated it much but if there is some product that might help, I'd love to know.

ScottB
03-24-2006, 07:49 PM
I have seen some glass polishing kits from other vendors, they come with a fine polish and a buffing head. I doubt they can remove dents and stone chips, but might help with wiper marks or small scrapes.

hanknov
04-05-2006, 04:36 PM
How's about removing etching on plastic face in front of speedometer? Any suggestions?

nbk13nw
04-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Is there any way to repair surface scratches on glass, something like you can do on paint? I've tried everything from glass cleaners to Kalsse AI1 to Rain-X and nothing seems to cover up the scratches. Since this is on my daily driver car and not my REAL car, I haven't sweated it much but if there is some product that might help, I'd love to know.

Here is something for medium to deep scratches... They also have some for minor suface issues

Eastwood makes two kits... GLass Polishing Kit Pro for minor surface issues and a Deep Polishing Kit for heavier scratches..

ScottB
04-20-2006, 05:55 AM
How's about removing etching on plastic face in front of speedometer? Any suggestions?

When I competed in stereo competitions I had an all plexiglass amp rack that moved out from under the sub box. It always got light scratches from the carpet as it came out. I used a line of specialty polishes from Novus that did everything I needed them to do. We dont carry them but I would highly suggest trying them. Comes in 3 degrees of polish and all are different and great. You could replace #1 with Plexus currently.

toolfanatic
06-14-2006, 12:17 PM

As a tip for the future if you don't already know. Use a detail brush first on plastic gauge faceplates to remove the grit w/o scratching then use whatever protectant you want after.