Menzerna 85rd...what am I doing wrong?

Hashimon

Reaction score
I checked the forums but couldn't find anything that addressed this issue.

This is the very first time I'm buffing my car (white honda) using a pc7424. I just finished using the 106fa with a white pad, no prob. But for that extra bit of shine I'm using the 85rd with a blue pad. The problem, after 3-5 mins when I try to wipe it off with a MF cloth, it won't come off unless I really rub hard. If I use my finger it takes it right off. Also sometimes it leaves like purple stains on the car that won't wipe off either. If I use ipa it takes it right off and looks good but I shouldn't have to do that, right?

If I stop early and it's still somewhat wet it comes off but I thought it had to flash first and the finish doesn't look as good.

One other thing, on avg, how many pads should I use on a car for each compound? I only used 1 pad for each compound (so far) on my car. I ask because I'm thinking the pad might get gunked up and maybe I should switch to a clean one. Like using multiple MF cloths to wipe down a car.

Thanks for any advice!

You are using too much product. PO85RD doesn't hardly require much polish at all to work it's magic.

I have never had a problem removing it. If you don't cake it on, it should be really easy to remove.

Oh wow, thanks! I was doing just the opposite. I thought I wasn't using enough product and so was using more. I'll try your advice now and let you know how it turns out!

Thanks again!

Never had any issues removing 85rd before either...were you working in the sun?

I like to have a good 4 pads per product when doing the initial steps on a car with a PC/G110. The pads do get loaded up and become less effective. On the final steps I can usually get away with just 2 pads.

I just use one pad per car per product, but I do wash/clean after each panel and spin dry on my rotary.

Also with 85RD you need only about 3 pea sized drops per panel. It's awesome stuff!

You are using too much product, and when it turns the purple color the pad is skipping probably and the pad is clogged up.You are going to need atleast 3 pads to polish a car with and bacl off the amount of product you are using.

Hey guys, thanks for all the input. I was polishing the car in the garage. Even when I cut the amount down I was still using more than 3 pea size plus I definitely think the pad was loaded up with too much product. But it did work a little better when I cut the amount down.

I guess I just wasted the 85rd by using too much and had to work that much harder to take it off but for my first job, overall, it turned out pretty good.

I guess I'll be buying more pads. It's been a good learning experience.

Thanks again for all the help!

Back