NXT paste over Optimum Poly-Seal

gofastman

Reaction score
Any one had good results with this combo? I know NXT has a slight cleaning ability, Im going to put the NXT on with a PC and a LC CCS red pad.

Never tried it myself but I doubt you will encounter any problems.

Me personally I would opt to put an extra coat of some lsp on since the protection left behind any aio is pretty negligible.

i wouldnt call poliseal a sealant....it is an aio product, but has almost no protective qualities....i use it alot as a clean up product after a polish, it leaves a very clean base for a sealant....i use 4 star upp after a quick pass with poliseal....

so yes, if you want to use nxt paste after poliseal it will be fine....nxt has cleaners in it, so you can put nxt on top of just about anything as it will clean whatever is under it...which is exactly why i dont use nxt...see if you cant find yourself a sealant with no cleaners/fillers in it...

I'm on my second bottle of poli-seal and from my experience it actually has a pretty darn good sealant. It's the abrasive part of it that I would call almost non-existant.

besides-NXT is best over squeaky clean paint all by itself. I know the stuff is known for it's ease of use but it can also get a little streaky.

I would disagree with PS not having very much protective qualities. I have personally experienced 2 months of longevity with no additional LSP, and have read others with similar results as well. It just doesn't bead as well as a pure 'nuba, but instead provides more of a sheeting action.

As for topping with NXT paste, I personally have not used it, but checking the store site it states it contains no cleaners. If that's true, I'd say you're good to go over PS. If your looking for other good combos over PS, I would recommend Opti-Seal, or even OCW. Both of those will amp up your shine and give you a little better long-term protection.

EDIT --Sorry, misread the OP -I thought he was wanting to use the XMT paste, not NXT. Woops! NXT might not be the best choice as LSP. I would recommend going with a different sealant/wax -one without cleaners

Last edited:
I would recommend Gold Class wax over OPS, since NXT has a cleaning ability to it.

Gold class has the same cleaners nxt does. That's not to say that these cleaners are extreme and can be used as a paint cleaner. They are very very mild and only there to aid in bonding.

Polyseal is indeed and AIO product, Optiseal is a pure sealant. NXT has some light cleaners and likely to remove any Polyseal on finish IMO>

for thoes who do not use poliseal, i can tell you for a fact that it leaves a squeaky clean base for a sealant to be applied on to....poliseal may be an aio product, but i use xmt 360 as well, and 360 leaves the paint feeling like it has been sealed or waxed,and it has some correction abilities, where ps leaves the paint feeling like it needs to be sealed or waxed and like others have said it really doesnt seem to have any correction in it...

like i said before, i use poliseal as a clean up pass after a polish in lue of a ipa wipe down...it works great for this, and i got the tip from a detailer who does about 150 corrections a year....

Back