PDA

View Full Version : Various site links?

CharlesW
04-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Some of the links in each post are totally beyond my comprehension.
How about some explanation?

What is meant by:

Digg this Post

Add Post to del.icio.us

Bookmark Post in Technorati

Furl this Post

I'm hesitant to click on any of them for fear of crashing my computer. :D

Meghan
04-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Charles I felt old when I saw these added, I did not know either, still a little shakey so I will call in reinforcements, aka my computer guru Dwayne.

CharlesW
04-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Charles I felt old when I saw these added, I did not know either, still a little shakey so I will call in reinforcements, aka my computer guru Dwayne.Thanks for following up on a rather weird question.

1. I am old.
2. It isn't really a big deal, but they didn't make any sense to me at all
3. Hey, Facebook doesn't make any sense to me either. Why in the world would you want to post your private life all over the internet?
4. Dwayne has enlightened me many times over the years. Once more can't hurt. :)

Dwayne
04-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Some of the links in each post are totally beyond my comprehension.
How about some explanation?

What is meant by:

Digg this Post

Add Post to del.icio.us

Bookmark Post in Technorati

Furl this Post

I'm hesitant to click on any of them for fear of crashing my computer. :D

Don't worry about the computer crashing, these are good things.

Overview (http://digg.com/about/)

About Delicious (http://delicious.com/about)

Technorati Media (http://technoratimedia.com/)

Furl is now Diigo About Diigo | Diigo (http://www.diigo.com/about)

These are links to post and Autogeekonline threads that you find interesting on other social networking sites. These sites require registration so that you can use them.

Online social networking is the interaction between groups of people who share common interests. They are kind of like forums, blogs and rss feeds all rolled into one.

Dwayne
04-25-2009, 10:34 AM
1. I am old. Well, I have known you for a long time. :cheers:

2. It isn't really a big deal, but they didn't make any sense to me at all. I'm still learning about it too.

3. Hey, Facebook doesn't make any sense to me either. Why in the world would you want to post your private life all over the internet? Comes in handy sometimes. I've gotten back in touch with some old friends from high school through Facebook.

4. Dwayne has enlightened me many times over the years. Once more can't hurt. :)

Enlightening Charles is something that I have done so often over the past 8 years that it has made it on my resume as part of my job description.

Meghan
04-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Charles, you going to take that from Dwayne? For a small penny I can run down to his office and pop him in the head for you!:D

CharlesW
04-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Charles, you going to take that from Dwayne? For a small penny I can run down to his office and pop him in the head for you!:DIf it wasn't for the fact that his statement is true, I would take you up on that offer. :)

Being the bargain hunter, (cheapskate), that I am, your offer is almost too good to pass up.
Since you will give him a pop in the head for a small penny, what can I get for 20 bucks?

Meghan
04-25-2009, 01:21 PM
If it wasn't for the fact that his statement is true, I would take you up on that offer. :)

Being the bargain hunter, (cheapskate), that I am, your offer is almost too good to pass up.
Since you will give him a pop in the head for a small penny, what can I get for 20 bucks?
For 20 bucks, my cousin Vinnie! :D

Dwayne
04-25-2009, 01:39 PM
what can I get for 20 bucks?

More enlightenment Im the MAN

Meghan
04-25-2009, 01:44 PM
More enlightenment Im the MAN
As you can see we passed out our funny pills this morning at the office! :p

CharlesW
04-25-2009, 02:05 PM
For 20 bucks, my cousin Vinnie! :DThis might be another place where I need some enlightenment.

Is Your cousin named Lavinia? That's a girl's name that is often shortened to Vinnie.

Is your cousin named Vincent? No explanation needed for Vinnie.

Actually, I think either way it could be interesting for Dwayne. :p

Maybe just give him the pop in the head and bill me. :)

Meghan
04-25-2009, 02:52 PM
This might be another place where I need some enlightenment.

Is Your cousin named Lavinia? That's a girl's name that is often shortened to Vinnie.

Is your cousin named Vincent? No explanation needed for Vinnie.

Actually, I think either way it could be interesting for Dwayne. :p

Maybe just give him the pop in the head and bill me. :)

You got it Charles! I will pop him on my way out of the office, which is now! :cheers:

ScottB
04-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Just wait Twitter is coming on hot now ... never understood MySpace and still a beginner at Facebook. I just feel old !

CharlesW
04-25-2009, 03:13 PM
You got it Charles! I will pop him on my way out of the office, which is now! :cheers:Am I too late for a BOGO deal?

Dwayne
04-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Am I too late for a BOGO deal?

Ha ha! Too late. Meghan can't get me now! :cruisin: