PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detailer help!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

xcracer48
04-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Ok the best QD I have used is Adam's! I use it before I dry the car, for touch ups, quick shine, claying. Anyways I absolutley love it. Others that have used it can relate i'm sure. The only thing I don't like is the price, but sometimes I guess you have to pay for quality. I am checking to see if anyone that has used this product has found another cheaper product that works just as well. I have been looking at meguirs qd on the detailer line, but don't want to buy a whole gallon and end up not liking it.

The most time I use the qd is when I am drying a car and Adam's is excellant at that. So if any one can chime in and help, the help is much apprieciated.

thanks,
Cameron Rogers

r0ckstrWS6
04-28-2009, 12:58 PM
I don't know how much Adam's is, but I have found that Poorboys is very good, and they don't break the bank. They have one or two QDs. I have the QD+ and it's very nice. I will be ordering more of their products for sure. just my .02

Waxmax
04-28-2009, 02:31 PM
For the money Optimum's Instant Detailer concentrate is tough to beat.

redboost10
04-28-2009, 02:34 PM
this may be a very dumb question, but can aquawax be used as a quick detailer, not in the sense of clay lubricant but more for like touch ups if there is some dust on the car or something like that.

basically, i recently did some paint correction on my race car and it was sitting in the garage and got a thin layer of dust on it, so i blew off what i could with the leaf blower, then used a few mf towels and aquawax instead of washing it. it worked tremendously well, but can i repeat this or is it bad to keep adding "coats" of aquawax?

Dsoto87
04-28-2009, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't worry about coats. I'd be worried that the aquawax isn't providing enough lube to safely remove the dirt.

If its working for you than don't stop though. Just be careful

redboost10
04-28-2009, 04:48 PM
thank you. it wasnt really a layer of dirt, just a bit dusty.

i thought aquawax would be more lubricating than quick detailer?? i am probably wrong.

ScottB
04-28-2009, 05:23 PM
If you want the best qder available , consider these choices:
1. Optimum Qder
2. FK425
3. Ultima Detail Spray
4. Poorboys Spray/Gloss

If you want some added protection too:
1. Pinnacle Crystal Mist or Souveran Spray Wax
2. Dodo Red Juice
3. Four Star UPP
4. Zaino Z8

Emile
04-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Optimum No-Rinse! 2oz of ONR mixed with water makes 32oz of quick detailer! Looks great, cleans and leaves a neutral shine, it's cheap, and works on all exterior surfaces.

xcracer48
04-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Have you guys ever used Adams qd? It makes it so easy to dry with a waffle weave towel. I can't really explain what it does while drying the vehicle. I know some of these might be good qd's but Adams just makes it easier to dry and adds the gloss also. It is good on glass paint and everything on the vehicle.

drastic_detail
04-28-2009, 06:25 PM
DURAGLOSS! FC&S or 521! Cheap and works GREAT!

Bunky
04-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Have you guys ever used Adams qd? It makes it so easy to dry with a waffle weave towel. I can't really explain what it does while drying the vehicle. I know some of these might be good qd's but Adams just makes it easier to dry and adds the gloss also. It is good on glass paint and everything on the vehicle.

What other QD's have you used?

Jimmie
04-28-2009, 07:16 PM
I still use the higher end QD's for QDing and drying but have switched to DP 4N1 or ONR for clay lube.

xcracer48
04-28-2009, 09:56 PM
I too use DP 4in1 for clay and lube. But the DP doesn't do what I am looking for in drying. I guess I should try some poorboys or optima for the drying process.

xcracer48
04-28-2009, 10:01 PM
I still use the higher end QD's for QDing and drying but have switched to DP 4N1 or ONR for clay lube.

DURAGLOSS! FC&S or 521! Cheap and works GREAT!

Does it work good for drying? Which one?

sorry I am repeating myself, but I just wanna make sure I get the right stuff before buying.

xcracer48
04-28-2009, 10:07 PM
What other QD's have you used?

DP 4in1 and some otc detailers. But nothing else really. I usually like to do som ie research on some stuff before I buy. Because I am still in high school and don't have as much money to buy all the stuff I want to tryout like I wan't to. But currently I am washing and waxing vehicles for money and like to watch the bank so I don't waste my money. My last order turned out really well, with the help of the forum. Megs apc and hyper dressing, natty's paste, dp 4in1, and other products have really helped and just turned some new customers my way.

sorry if I seem talkitive, I just had a few brews, and its got me in the talking mood. lol