PDA

View Full Version : Matte Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

jimlenz
05-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I have a new 09 acura tl and am looking for a matte leather cleanrer and conditioner. I bought the pinnacle branch cleaner and conditioner but it is shiny and slippery, which I dont want.

What is the best matte leather product.

Thanks

Jim

ScottB
05-04-2009, 05:24 PM
The Einszett offering is designed for finished leather which is common in most cars, and not appreciably slick nor shiny. You should also rebuff most leather cleaners after initial application which reduces the sheen.

jimlenz
05-04-2009, 06:36 PM
The Einszett offering is designed for finished leather which is common in most cars, and not appreciably slick nor shiny. You should also rebuff most leather cleaners after initial application which reduces the sheen.

Could you explain what you mean by rebuff? Still learning how to do all this.

Thanks

Jim

Meghan
05-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Pinnacle is really what I would consider matte finish I think what he is saying is after you apply and wipe excess off, go back over and wipe with dry towel again. Pinnacle Leather Cleaner and Conditioner is my favorite!

Bunky
05-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I like Four Star Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. I do not think the conditioner leaves much of anything except a delicate leather scent..definitely not shiny or slippery. Wolfgang has a similar scent but have not used the sample I have.

supercharged
05-07-2009, 12:24 AM
Pinnacle and Leather Masters...

Preacher
05-07-2009, 09:46 AM
I 2nd the 4 star recommendation. I have a few different products in the aresnal for leather and I like this the best.

--jason

wytstang
05-07-2009, 10:23 AM
After days of researching leather care (what an exhausting task that is), I have found that there are very few leather care products for finished leather. You most likely have finished leather, from my research 99% of cars from mid 80's through today have finished leather. Finished leather doesn't need to be reconditioned but re hydrated. Einszett and Optimum Leather Protectant are the only 2 I see in AG's store for this. Outside of AG's store you can get Leather Masters LEATHER VITAL. You basically want a water based product for finished leather not oil based product.

Emile
05-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Lexol Leather Conditioner is pretty good. If you apply too much it may come up shiny and you can just buff the excess off with a damp MF towel after letting the conditioner work for an hour or so after application.

tempter927
05-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Wolfgang leather cleaner/leather conditioner combo gives me nice results (a like new clean crisp look).

I first apply the cleaner with a microfiber applicator, I spray the leather cleaner onto the applicator and do a section/seat at a time. Since your car is new, your leather should be clean but in general dont rub into the leather with too much pressure supposedly this pushes the dirt in deeper. I pat/scrub lightly and sometimes wipe off any excess cleaner with a microfiber towel. Once I've cleaned all the leather in the interior, I move on to the conditioner and using the same method to apply the conditioner. Make sure to use a seperate clean microfiber applicator for the conditioner. And after letting the conditioner dwell for a few minutes take another clean microfiber and wipe down the leather once again.

Goodluck with that '09 TL!