M105 question

drastic_detail

Reaction score
I just received a sample of 105 and 205. The 205 has the DA symbol on the back but the 105 does not. When I ordered it they said it was the new version. It looks very white n color. I guess my question is, is there a difference in color between the new and old 105? I'm thinking maybe they just didn't put the DA symbol on the little sample bottle.

I have the original one and believe it was white also.

I have heard several times, but cannot confirm the original is more abrasive. Any thoughts ??

I have heard several times, but cannot confirm the original is more abrasive. Any thoughts ??
I use the orginal which works great.Send me some of the new version and i will let you know LOL.But i do agree with Killr i have read the same posts about the old and new.

my worry about this is in the hands of hobbist, and with non-diminishing abrasives and all this talk of pressure and pad priming, we could have some damage of finishes over time or cutting (literally) in corners of paint. I am still not convinced the 105/205 is better for weekend detailer versus safety of SIP/Nano ...

hey killr, do you think a foam pad along with the sip can pretty much tackle anything?

I just received a sample of 105 and 205. The 205 has the DA symbol on the back but the 105 does not. When I ordered it they said it was the new version. It looks very white n color. I guess my question is, is there a difference in color between the new and old 105? I'm thinking maybe they just didn't put the DA symbol on the little sample bottle.

They both look identical.

If you got a "sample" and it's in the original labeling I'm guessing you may have gotten it from ADS. If that's the case, I got a note in the box with my DA-compatible sampler of 105 saying they didn't have the new labels ready yet so it had the original label but was indeed the DA-compatible formula. If you're concerned you got the wrong stuff I'd suggest contacting your vendor. If this doesn't apply....... nevermind :D

TL

thanks dana, just getting ready to put in an order. i will most likely grab some of the da 105

hey killr, do you think a foam pad along with the sip can pretty much tackle anything?

certainly not ... I might even suggest PO 203 due to its use of Diminishing Abrasives for light compounding / heavier polishing but from a weekend warriors standpoint I still prefer SIP/Nano and very comfortable it will provide a relatively safe and yet great looking polish experience.

ive had great luck with sip/nano...me being a weekend warrior, haha.

i just cant decide (not that i have a rig sitting in front of me) when to use sip/foam pad or 105/white pad.

so po203 you would suggest before 105? for a hobbyist that is just because of how menzerna abrasives work. i thought 203 had less cutting power than sip.

Last edited:
203 has less cut than SIP. I generally will start with SIP, and when it's not "cutting" it, I step up to 105. The funny thing is, 105 finishes even nicer than SIP.

sorry I used the wrong designation, I meant Powergloss which is PO ....something else. I did say compounding but went to wrong model number.

2 The funny thing is, 105 finishes even nicer than SIP.

isn't it amazing? M105 has such a strong cutting power yet finishes down so nicely. Half the time i've used it so far I look at how it finished down and wonder why I'm going to bother with the M205 step! It's already finished down so close to LSP ready.
Honestly, I think only a real anal detailing person (like us on here) would notice the difference at this point between just going to LSP or going to M205 first.

Back