New rookie with a couple of questions

Gturbine

Reaction score
I have a 09 Silver Maxima which I had detailed last weekend, Detailer used all FK1 products. He did the 3 step paint decontamination, polished and followed up with a sealant and then 1 coat of wax.

I plan on useing a QD everytime I wash and then 1-2 coats of wax every 4-6 weeks for about six months and hopefully by then I will either have a PC or a Flex DA.

Now comes the questions, is it niave of me to think that in six months the only thing I will need to do is some scratch corrections, clay and then seal and wax? Or is it pretty much a given that the entire car will need to be at least polished with say PO85Rd, sealed and waxed.

Last question, about how many times can a car be polished for light swril removal before the CC is gone?

Proper washing and drying techniques will avoid the scratches and swirls that will bring the need for polishing. In some cases a light finishing polish and pad is all thats needed and then recoat with the protection wax or sealant of your choice.

Thanks, thankfully the car is silver and a lot more forgiving and easier to care for then cars that are black.

Back