Washing my microfibers...

P1et

In time out
Reaction score
How do I wash my microfiber towels? I don't have any specialty products, but need to clean them regardless.
  • Do I was on cold, warm or hot?
  • Do I let them air dry or put them in the dryer?
  • Can I put them all together, or do I need to seperate by color?
  • Is a regular liquid detergent OK to use?
:confused:

Wash them with a little vinegar (white) as possible and normal soap. Remember to tumble dry no heat, and then also remember no fabric softner. When possible get some Microrestore and no worries. I too have found those dryer balls (as seen on tv) help reduce some static in the dryer.

killrwheels@autogeek said:
Wash them with a little vinegar (white) as possible and normal soap. Remember to tumble dry no heat, and then also remember no fabric softner. When possible get some Microrestore and no worries. I too have found those dryer balls (as seen on tv) help reduce some static in the dryer.

:applause: Works great. No problems. :cheers:

OOPS! I dried mine last night.

I used Micro Restore as the main wash with some oxy-clean as a prewash. Used the prewash cycle and the stain remover cycle (Hot/ cold). Then after I put them in the dryer. Seemed to come out very clean.

Is the dryer a bad thing?

heat can damage the polymide strands ... I would tumble dry or air dry from now on, cannot change the past.

Damage by making the strands abrasive or by deterioration of the towel.

it kinda melts the ingredients in the strands so to speak, so it could in all likelylood make them abrasive.

killr is dead on here.
No heat. Melts the fibers and will scratch.
If you don't have vinegar or an MF restorer, use about a cup of normal degreaser. I run mine through an extra short rinse cycle too.

I rather like my balls for keeping my micro's fluffy. Someone offered it on this forum, and I am pleased. (makes a little noise however)

DryerBalls-Thumb.jpg

I rather like my balls for keeping my micro's fluffy. Someone offered it on this forum, and I am pleased. (makes a little noise however)
One could take this quote off the deep end........

justin30513 said:
killr is dead on here.
No heat. Melts the fibers and will scratch.
If you don't have vinegar or an MF restorer, use about a cup of normal degreaser. I run mine through an extra short rinse cycle too.
Well would using those balls or using MF soap help recover the MF's?

I've been washing mine with Woolite Original (white bottle) and they come out great....

wytstang said:
I've been washing mine with Woolite Original (white bottle) and they come out great....
I've been thinking about using Woolite too. It's cleaning the heck out of my pads.

It's cheap and very effective I have no worries in using and recommending it.

Personally I use Tide Liquid Free and love it, cleans very well and my Micros from Pakshak to AG Cobras to even Target/Kmart Viking and Vrooms towels are still soft. What I do is fill a couple of my buckets with hot water mixed with a solution of Tide Liquid Free and some APC/Degreaser. Let it sit for a few days and all the wax and whatever buildup (grease etc) just comes basically right out. Throw them in the wash with a little Tide Liquid Free and Vinegar and bam, thats it besides dryer to dry.

For my all purpose MF's i use 2 oz"s of APC with liquid All, with my plush Corbra MF's etc i'll just use the liquid detergent. I'm definately gonna by a gallon of MF restore to rejuvenate my plush towels on occasion. I had the Pinnacle and i found it to work nice to soften up the towels but it wasn't all that effective cleaning up the dirty all purpose towels.actually for the all purpose towels i wouldnt waste the Micro restore on them..

DryerBalls-Thumb.jpg
A year ago people thought I was crazy for throwing my balls in the dryer. Glad to see its catching on. Now I throw this ball in the washer
PICT0001b.jpg

Also on Woolite..there has been dicussions on the optical brightners in woolite that can harm the fibers.

cleaning micro fiber towels

I have a two questions regarding washing my micros.
1) How exactly do i use my micro-restore? do i add the one or two ounces to the laundry machine with my micro towels in it and just turn it on to the regular cycle?

2) If I have only one or two micro towels to clean and I don't want to waste one ounce of my micro-restore, how do i wash them?

thanks guys for all the wonderful info

Back