Paint Cleaners

AudiTTman

Reaction score
Since summer is just about here, i need to start fresh on my cars paint.

So the magical question is- What is the best paint cleaner I could use so i have a nice clean canvas to start detailing on! hahah :)

If you're going to wash and clay and compound/polish...no need for a paint cleaner since you will be compounding. It's just an extra step that's not needed. I use the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion in between full details. I will wash, use the paint cleaner, seal then wax. It's great stuff. Hope this helps.

Yo Josh!! i totally forgot to mention that i wanted something in between full details but it seems you already knew hahahah. Now does the lotion just rub in like a wax?

awesome! yea id like doing it with the PC rather than by hand. I was reading the instructions on it and they provide some kind of applicator, but i always get weary of those suckers unless im just waxing a front fender with them

Same one that I use, Pinnacle PCL, if I'm topping with a nuba. If using a sealant I use Klasse AIO as a cleaner. It leaves an acrylic layer that other sealants seem to like bonding.

I like to use DG 501 applied with a white pad. Cleans the heck outa the paint!

Poli-Seal via PC speed six. I have never felt slicker paint pre-sealant/wax after using Poli-Seal. I generally use the 4" LC CCS spot buff Green light polishing pad.

I really like the Pinnacle Cleaning Lotion. You can actually see the difference when you are applying. DG 501 is a very good cleaner. Just used it on a white car and it looks like night and day. I have the Klasse AIO but haven't used it yet. Have read a lot of good reviews on it though. Gonna try it next.

i use mf bonnet over 6inch wool pad when applying paint cleaner, one bonnet for 2 panels

Back