PDA

View Full Version : VW 07 black passat!!

cuz123
05-17-2009, 10:30 AM
hi everyone new to the the forum i have a few q's. about detailing a black vw passat last time i waxed the car i used mothers three step system it wasnt bad but not wat i was looking for. im going to try it again but to try some other stuff wat would u guys recomend. the car is pretty good shape a little bit of swirls but nutin major and one more thing im going to be waxing by hand.

maddenbowler
05-17-2009, 10:58 AM
menzerna SIP/nano. You can use poorboys black hole glaze if you want. Then for wax you have nattys blue which looks great on dark colored cars. You have pinnacle sig series II which is good for flake. then others that would look good is WGDGS 3, souveran,fuzion, and dodo juice. I have an 03 platinum grey jetta and I use nattys blue and have been happy witht the results

agpatel21
05-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Be ready for a very hard clear. I have a 06 GTI and the clear is pretty hard. I also use SIP/Nano combo and has worked well for me but will be changing up the pads that I use coming this next detail. I use WGDGS and looks great on red but am going to try dodo orange crush and fuzion as well.

CakeDaddy
05-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Be ready for a very hard clear. I have a 06 GTI and the clear is pretty hard. I also use SIP/Nano combo and has worked well for me but will be changing up the pads that I use coming this next detail. I use WGDGS and looks great on red but am going to try dodo orange crush and fuzion as well.

Hard clear...Yes! Just like the newer Benz cars. We have newer silver Mercedes and Menzerna SIP P083 comes in real handy.

sal329
05-17-2009, 01:50 PM
I would recommend a Flex or atleast a PC, lots of pads, Meguiars M105 and M205, a good sealant and wax

ScottB
05-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Ah .... I too remember those days of the Mothers Three Step system. Paint cleanser, glaze, and wax. Who knew that polishing was a better choice and that a glaze only protected for a wash or two.

You have come to the right place, consider the help and start washing --claying ---polishing ---protecting that black beauty from the start.