Leather care products necessary at all?

Jmsb526

Reaction score
Well, I want to keep my 2-year-old leather seats looking as new as possible for as long as I can. My car's manual says to wipe them down with a soft cloth dampened with water and that I can use a mild soap if necessary. Does this mean that I can keep the seats looking new for years and years with just a dampened cloth? I was thinking of getting some of the Pinnacle leather cleaner or conditioner, but does it make a difference?

Mine manual says the same thing and to stay away from cleaners and conditioners that contain wax. I use warm water and a microfibre towel and wipe them down monthly, after vacuuming the seats. The conditioner I use is SAAB branded, since my car is a SAAB. Seems to do well...

The key is to clean them regularly. Most leather is coated. You just need to wipe it down with a damp mf regularly. Some of the cleaners out there enhance the smell I find (Zaino's and DG's). The key is regular, often cleaning.

Leather in most car applications are finished leather, and thus have a plastic type coating to protect it. Unfortunately some leather products cannot move past this level and wont make to much if any difference. The use of a product to clean and add some UV protection is the best choice. Einszett Leather Care is designed just for that, and my current choice in leather care.

My research lead to me buy Leather Master's STRONG Cleaner and LM's VITAL Leather Conditioner. Both are water based which is what coated/finished leather needs. Most conditioners are oil based and from what I've read can not get passed the coating on today's automotive leather. Oil molecules are to "big" to get through while water molecules are small enough to pass through and rehydrate leather behind the coating.

For leather I like Duragloss leather conditioner and the smell is awesome as well. I apply it after a wipe down with a MF. Ordered 3 bottles from AG on my last order.

I tried using Duragloss shampoo to clean my leather seats, but it wouldn't clean them. So, I ended up buying the Lexol cleaner. Lexol worked great, cleaned the years of regular use/dirt off of them.

Now that the seats are clean, I imagine I'll apply the DG conditioner to them. The seats smell great after applying the DG conditioner.

Leather in most car applications are finished leather, and thus have a plastic type coating to protect it. Unfortunately some leather products cannot move past this level and wont make to much if any difference. The use of a product to clean and add some UV protection is the best choice. Einszett Leather Care is designed just for that, and my current choice in leather care.

Question ,, i have Matte Black Leather seats will Einszett keep that Finish or it give it gloss look???

Invest in the Pinnacle you will find the product to be outstanding and it will allow your Leather to breathe and saty new looking for years.

It will also protect against BLUEING an unfortunate color transfer from Blue Jeans to lighter untreated Leather. The Blue can be difficult to clean for the Novice detailer with a lack of knowledge about Leather tanning .

My research lead to me buy Leather Master's STRONG Cleaner and LM's VITAL Leather Conditioner. Both are water based which is what coated/finished leather needs. Most conditioners are oil based and from what I've read can not get passed the coating on today's automotive leather. Oil molecules are to "big" to get through while water molecules are small enough to pass through and rehydrate leather behind the coating.
did you get Leather Protectant too? You should, because you are gonna love it! No gloss brand new leather, that is soft and NOT STICKY!!!
Wonder if AG is gonna carry Leather Master soon, I stocked up on that thing (it's expensive, $130 for Strong Cleaner, Vital, and Protectant, all in 1 liter bottles)...

No I didn't I thought it was oils based when it read protector cream. I'll get some since I'm working again.
Yeah I hit $13x for STRONG, VITAL, Foam Cleaner for Alcantara/Suede, and Nubuck ECO Protector (S/V 1 liter). Just so you know that Foam cleaner is just STRONG in foam form. No web site list it as that but it says it on the bottle.

Back