PDA

View Full Version : First Timer using Flex/Menz on Benz

bruin420
05-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Hello all....

Been reading on here for a while and wanted some feedback from the pros....

So I have a 2006 CLS55 AMG black in pretty good shape, except for a nice couple scratches on the hood from my 3 year old helping daddy wash the car with a piece of concrete....long story.

I decided to order a Flex with orange, white, gray, red CCS pads, Menz SIP and 106FA, Poorboys Black Hole Glaze, WG 3.0 sealant, and souveran.

After starting on the hood, I almost got out the scratches from my daughter, but they are still visible using SIP and orange, so I ordered a yellow and PowerGloss compound. The front bumper is also littered with road rash, etc, so I am hoping that the Powergloss Orange will work on these, if not then yellow.

Next I am doing 106FA/White on 4. Do I need to do an IPA after this prior to applying the PB Blackhole glaze/Gray on 3?

Finally, is it proper to apply the WG 3.0 sealant with a red pad? What setting on Flex for this. Should I do two layers of this or just one. Then how many layers of souveran?

Thanks in advance and I must say I am incredibly impressed with how well the SIP/Orange has done already on the car...can't wait to see it with everything applied.

Also will post before and after pics of the toddler-induced scratches....