One Of The First 05 Mustang GT's Built

ASPHALT ROCKET

SELF BANNED
Reaction score
This is one of the first 05 GT's made. The owner paid a good amount to get this car then proceeded to just wash it and then dry it with a rag. Needles to say it showed. Once again it was washed, clayed, and paint corrected using the DN method with the following products-Pads:wool, Kompressor and CCS. Compound/Polish:M105, M205and Ultrafina. Lsp was Wolfgang sealant.
The following pics are of the swirls, scratches, holograms, and acid I had to deal with.
vette185-1.jpg

vette186-1.jpg

vette187-1.jpg

vette188.jpg

vette189.jpg

vette190.jpg

vette192.jpg

vette197.jpg

vette198.jpg

The next few pics are after using M105/wool and M205/Kompressor pad, the haze is from the 205 I missed wiping before the pic.
vette204.jpg

vette205.jpg

The next pics are after final polishing with Ultrafina and lsp applied.
vette206.jpg

vette207.jpg

vette208.jpg

vette209.jpg

vette210.jpg

vette213.jpg

looks great Asphalt. Do you like the Kompressor pad? Assuming you're using a rotary. I wish those pads came in a smaller size.

looks great Asphalt. Do you like the Kompressor pad? Assuming you're using a rotary. I wish those pads came in a smaller size.

Thanks, the Kompressor pads work great. I didn't know they made anything else to compound/polish paint.:D

awsome job my daughter has an 05 black mustang and the hood and trunk lid look very bad . the dealer made her sighn off on the paint job when she got it brand new.
I have been trying to buff it out every spring ever scince.
my last atempt i wet sandid and compound looks a little better but still not their yet.
how hard is the mustang paint
i recently got a flex and 105 and 205 but i havent used it on the car yet.
any recomendations for me on this car
thanks. reggie

awsome job my daughter has an 05 black mustang and the hood and trunk lid look very bad . the dealer made her sighn off on the paint job when she got it brand new.
I have been trying to buff it out every spring ever scince.
my last atempt i wet sandid and compound looks a little better but still not their yet.
how hard is the mustang paint
i recently got a flex and 105 and 205 but i havent used it on the car yet.
any recomendations for me on this car
thanks. reggie

Thanks, it is hard paint. Is it worse than the pictures above? I have alot of time in this one because the owner wanted it just like my vette. You are going to need a rotary, wool pads with 105 to get the correct the paint. Then follow up with 205 and then a finishing polish. If you had some pics that would really help so I can give you some advice on which process to use.

Flex, 105, 205 = Nice Mustang Paint

Asphalt Rocket, rotary, 105, 205, and Ultrafina= Perfect Mustang Paint.

Excellent job. I like those Mustang GT Convertibles and you really made the paint shine.

Great job Dana! I had to do a double take(re-read) when I saw Meghan's post. I was like, Dana used a flex? Didn't think so:buffing:

Thanks Louie. That is why I posted what I said in my reply, plus it is accurate. She could have atleast said something about the car and then replied to the above post that she was reffering to. Plus you are right no Flex for me.:D

Last edited:
Nice job Dana. I know I commented on this post, but I don't know what happened to my reply. Maybe it got dumped because of my critical comments. LOL J/K great work from the Wax Guru.

Nice job Dana. I know I commented on this post, but I don't know what happened to my reply. Maybe it got dumped because of my critical comments. LOL J/K great work from the Wax Guru.

Thanks Ron, I hope that didn't happen to your post. I think it says Nuba Guru.Im the MAN

Thanks, it is hard paint. Is it worse than the pictures above? I have alot of time in this one because the owner wanted it just like my vette. You are going to need a rotary, wool pads with 105 to get the correct the paint. Then follow up with 205 and then a finishing polish. If you had some pics that would really help so I can give you some advice on which process to use.

Asphalt Rocket, rotary, 105, 205, and Ultrafina= Perfect Mustang Paint.

Thanks Ron, I hope that didn't happen to your post. I think it says Nuba Guru.Im the MAN
Sorry about that, Sir Nuba Guru.:o

Back