Clay Question

SRHTX

Reaction score
What is the best clay you use? I've used Mothers and Meguires and did not like them what so ever. I use Auto Magic Blue Clay (CM2200) and it works quite well. Feed back please

Stephen

Clay in the US is all very similar no matter who is sticking their label on it. There are different levels of aggressiveness. I use Clay Magic blue most of the time, if I need a lil stronger I go with Meg Red. Which Meg clay did you use, they have 3?

Clay in the US is all very similar no matter who is sticking their label on it. There are different levels of aggressiveness. I use Clay Magic blue most of the time, if I need a lil stronger I go with Meg Red. Which Meg clay did you use, they have 3?

Something I bought at O'Riles or something. Not sure which one it was. The Auto Magic stuff I have last for a good amount of time. I've been using the same clay on more that 10 vehicles and it's still good.

In general for light claying I use Pinnacles Ultra Clay (green). In the past for a first clay I use the normal version like Wolfgangs and DP Clay Lube. Megs makes an aggressive clay (burgundy) for those needing it too.

Well, down here in the deep south, MANY of the vehicles have a nice mixture of stuff on their paint, so, I'm trying to find the best bang for the buck clay.

I would do a search on Amazon for clay, if your looking for cost effectivness, they have some offered in 1lb blocks and up.

My personal favorite and my "go to" clay for average contamination is Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay. Its really easy to knead even in colder temps.

Well, down here in the deep south, MANY of the vehicles have a nice mixture of stuff on their paint, so, I'm trying to find the best bang for the buck clay.
I'm not that far from you, so I encounter alot of the same stuff that you do. It's either butterflies, mosquitoes, or a combination of both. When I have to clay my cars I usually use Malco clay. It does a great job of lifting the comtaminates off of the paint. The two downsides are that one, it is kind of pricey and two, it's a little tough to knead at times. I think I pay about $24 a bar. I've tried some of the OTC stuff and it just didn't hold up that well. I've also tried the Pinnacle clay and was a little disappointed in it. It was way to soft for my taste and I wouldn't recommend it for cars that have alot of contamintes. It fell crumbles and falls apart easily. The upside is that it's alot easier to knead than the Malco clay.

Down here I've learned that it's worth it to pay a little more money then to deal with the headache of a sub-par product.

Well yea, the pinnacle clay isn't meant for cars with heavy amounts of contaminants.

Its an ultra fine clay. Its meant for cars that are well maintained.

Claymagic blue is a great all around clay btw.

Well yea, the pinnacle clay isn't meant for cars with heavy amounts of contaminants.

Its an ultra fine clay. Its meant for cars that are well maintained.

Claymagic blue is a great all around clay btw.

I guess I will just have to stay with that stuff then. ugh lol

it wouldnt be a bad idea to keep three clays on hand. one for light cleaning with no lsp removal (pinnacle poly), one for moderate cleaning (clay magic blue) and one for heavy cleaning (clay magic red).

that clay magic stuff is awesome... found them at walmart for $1 a piece about 4 yrs ago and bought around 15 of them lol

I used the Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay for the first time last week and was impressed by the way it felt in my hand and the ability to pull crud out of the paint. I purchased the Pinnacle on BOGO a while back. :D

I also have used Zaino clay and like that as well. I have also used Mothers, Clay Magic and Megs with no problems either.

Back