What comes after the PC7424?

Emile

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've had my PC7424 for a while now and I've been wanting to upgrade to something better. The PC does a nice job correcting, but it just takes too much time and the vibrations give me a headache.

What is the next best way to go? Step up to a Cyclo, a Flex DA, or some kind of rotary from Flex or Makita or something?

The Cyclo is kind of strange with the twin small pads and seems like it would be a bit heavy. The Flex L3403 looks nice because it's light weight and I believe rotary polishers are the smoothest?

Or should I just play it safe and stick with dual action and get a Flex XC4301?

Personally, I'm just looking for speed and smoothness. I can deal with a bit of weight if the other criteria are satisfied.

What are the pros and cons of a Flex dual action polisher vs a Flex rotary?

Thanks,
Emile

I absolutely love my Cyclo. Almost zero vibration! I have a rotary too but rarely need it.

Mark, what do you need for the Cyclo, aside from the unit itself and the pads? Would I also need to purchase a Hook and Look Pad Holder AND the Cyclo Orbital Head Assembly 2-Pack?

Hi guys,

I've had my PC7424 for a while now and I've been wanting to upgrade to something better. The PC does a nice job correcting, but it just takes too much time and the vibrations give me a headache.

What is the next best way to go? Step up to a Cyclo, a Flex DA, or some kind of rotary from Flex or Makita or something?

The Cyclo is kind of strange with the twin small pads and seems like it would be a bit heavy. The Flex L3403 looks nice because it's light weight and I believe rotary polishers are the smoothest?

Or should I just play it safe and stick with dual action and get a Flex XC4301?

Personally, I'm just looking for speed and smoothness. I can deal with a bit of weight if the other criteria are satisfied.

What are the pros and cons of a Flex dual action polisher vs a Flex rotary?

Thanks,
Emile

After using my UDM (similar to the PC) I went to the Makita rotary just due to how hard my paint is. If my paint was less insanely hard I would have put more consideration into buying a Flex but my paint is so freaking hard.

Depends on how many cars you do I would say. The rotary has a bit of a learning curve, but I think when I got mine, it was well worth the money.

The speed it removes defects is worth it alone. Rotary and white pad is my best friend now.

I'm with Ryandamartini on this one. My PC is nice, but it takes WAYYYY too long to correct paint and my hands get numb from the vibrations after a few hours. My next machine will be a rotary from here, probably the Flex rotary that's on sale for $119.00 or however much it's on sale for. lol If you're used to your PC, then I would try to graduate to a rotary for the time, effort and hassle you'll save yourself with it.

Both the new XP and Griots machines are upgrades to the original PC. Moving to the Flex is likely the best opportunity to date in random orbitals however.

Mark, what do you need for the Cyclo, aside from the unit itself and the pads? Would I also need to purchase a Hook and Look Pad Holder AND the Cyclo Orbital Head Assembly 2-Pack?

I upgraded mine to use the Edge system...no loops or any of that crap. Just plug and play :)

Both the new XP and Griots machines are upgrades to the original PC. Moving to the Flex is likely the best opportunity to date in random orbitals however.

:whs: I love my new Flex. I now only use the PC when a client wants the seats/carpets cleaned.

Stephen

Back