Hi all, newby here, got a few scratches around door handle

carnutz

Reaction score
I want to purchase a polisher that will take out these scratches and give me a showroom shine. Please tell me which polisher, type of waxes and what pads, or if there's a package I can buy all together. Thnx, The Doc

What kind of scratches are you referring to? You mean the light fingernail type from opening the door or around the key lock from the key missing the lock? You may just want to try some Meguiars ScratchX 2.0. I tried some on a terry cloth polish pad and VOILA!!! no more scratches!!! Can you post a pic of the scratches? Can you feel them with your fingernail?

how severe are the scratches? Are they isolated deep scratches or more like swirl mark/spider webs?

I tried all hand wax scratch removers

They don't look like fingernails, unless (she's) a warewolf...
they are the two horizontal fine white scratches, when wet they dissapear.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Re: I tried all hand wax scratch removers

They don't look like fingernails, unless (she's) a warewolf...
they are the two horizontal fine white scratches, when wet they dissapear.

attachment.php

Can you feel the scratch if you glide a fingernail over it? If it catches, that's pretty deep and require deeper correction. If the paint is smooth, you may be able to polish with the Porter Cable and remove it.

Wolfgang Porter Cable 7424 Swirl-Free Kit

Re: I tried all hand wax scratch removers

Can you feel the scratch if you glide a fingernail over it? If it catches, that's pretty deep and require deeper correction. If the paint is smooth, you may be able to polish with the Porter Cable and remove it.

Wolfgang Porter Cable 7424 Swirl-Free Kit

Yes you can feel them with your fingernail as I've never had a problem removing a scratch otherwise.

I'd go with the 7424XP rather than the older 7424. If you have no experience with buffers, don't start with a rotary. Always go with the random-orbit machines, especially on a car like that.

I'm also not able to see the scratches in the photo you posted. Do you have a better picture of them?

Here's a closer pic, sorry it's blurry this camera does not do closeups well.

ok, bought the HK-7424-XP - Porter Cable 7424XP & Pad Kit

Last edited:
Back