wheel wax / sealant

02nissanISR

Reaction score
looking for a sealant that will last. I have the DP wheel glaze but it says you have to apply weekly. Anyone tried anything that lasts longer or is that just the nature of the beast considering the harsh wheel environment?

love washing my car but sometimes i just want to give it a quick wash & don't have time to be waxing wheels every timeFeed back please

I have the DP wheel glaze but it says you have to apply weekly. Anyone tried anything that lasts longer or is that just the nature of the beast considering the harsh wheel environment?

I have the DP Wheel Glaze and have yet to use it. I would like to see what other people say about it as well. :iagree:

I have used the PB wheel sealant on both my car's. It very easy to apply and remove. The durability is great. I have the sealant on for 3 months and the wheels are still very easily wiped clean without chemical except soap and water.

Have you tried DG 105? Supposed to have excellent cleaning properties and durability.

Wheel sealants are cool but they usually get stripped off once you use a wheel cleaner on them, that's why they say to use DP Wheel Glaze weekly.

I usually just apply some Optimum Car Wax to my wheels. Resistant to high temperatures and it's a spray wax so it's easy on and off.

^ +1

Anything other than shampoo will take the wax off the wheels, any APC, tire foam, etc. But say you are cleaning only with shampoo, I would use any wax that is easy to apply and remove (especially to remove!). NXT 2.0 has worked for me, so has Dodo Juice and Blackfire. Can't really tell a lot of difference. The Wheel Glaze should be good for longer than a week!

I like to use Duragloss 501 or Klasse AIO on wheels. Both have nice cleaning ability and seem to last longer then most wheel sealants I have tried. Duragloss 501 is very easy on and off. DP Wheel Glaze is very hard to remove and don't last.

DP and Poorboys makes a nice wheel sealant but a couple items comes to mind. If you are having a hard time removing it, likely to much was applied. DP has a light cleaner too and could result in a little more buffing. Wheels are indeed are abused due to the high heat of brakes but I find most people complaining about its durability is do to using a wheel cleaner at each wash session. After using a wheel sealant you should be able to use soap/water for a couple weeks before reapplication. The strength and ingredients in wheel cleaners will indeed remove most sealants.

it kind of defeats the purpose to use a wheel cleaner after using a wheel wax or sealant thats kind of the point of the wax is so you dont have to use cleaners on the wheels so often. just based on the can dp is applied weekly thats how they say to use their product im just looking for a longer in between application time and protection so that wheel cleaners are not used as often. i thought about using the klasse as i already have some just didnt want to waste it if it wouldnt work. i would think heat resistance would be important thanks for the suggestion on Optimum Emile ill look into that as well

I just use the 3M Performance Finish sealant (on my wheels only). I find that lasts a good while, although I ONLY use car shampoo to wash my wheels, never wheel cleaners so that would make a huge difference.

Also, you can always experiment with different sealants on your wheels. You say that you have some Klasse, you could try that on one wheel and see how it lasts, try another sealant on another wheel, and another on another wheel (just remember which wheel has what :p). That's what I would do.

Cheers :cheers:

thanks matt great point i think i will try that might need to map out the wheels so i remember. hehe good one.

I use and LOVE Meguiar's #21 on rims. It lasts a few weeks with normal washes, leaves the rims feeling crazy slick, and really makes them shine. I especially like how it makes normal rims look!

I have used Duragloss 101+105 sealants on my wheels and the combo definatly worked great for me. I also use Duragloss Aquawax on my wheels after every wash or 2. I basically have never had to use/buy any wheel cleaners other then whatever soap and water im using for the wash.

BTW for those with Aquawax already and have never used it on wheels...wipe those wheels clean and try Aquawax on them!

No matter how thin you apply DP Wheels Glaze it's still a PITA to remove.

Never ran into that myself and can again only suggest light coats and using a medium grade towel. Those super thick and super soft ones dont seem to remove as much. Maybe using an Indigo ??

After a good cleaning I just use Op OS once a month. Apply it to each rim and walk away, no need to go back.

if you are looking for a sealant that will last, and price is not a factor, try Nanolex. Just google it.

Back