Interior cleaning

kb2ehj

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've got myself a brand new Honda Element (2009) that as some of you might know has basically all plastic inside.

What is a good middle of the road product to keep the inside clean?

I'd hope the product doesn't (a) produce a 'fake gloss' coating, mat finish is fine with me and (b) doesn't promote a static build up.

Not worried about the floor's Simple Green should work fine for them.

Mark

Hi folks,

I've got myself a brand new Honda Element (2009) that as some of you might know has basically all plastic inside.

What is a good middle of the road product to keep the inside clean?

I'd hope the product doesn't (a) produce a 'fake gloss' coating, mat finish is fine with me and (b) doesn't promote a static build up.

Not worried about the floor's Simple Green should work fine for them.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Congrats on the new ride:cheers:

I happen to love Poorboys Natural Look Dressing. It cleans and dresses with UV protection, with a nice natural looking matt finish. It also smells great!

I'd probably classify it as a 'top of the line' product rather than a 'middle of the road' one: 303 Aerospace Protectant .

I've recently purchased a new 09 RAV4 and am going to make this product my interior protectant of choice.

My brother drives an 09 Honda Element.

My vote goes to 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium. It cleans and leaves a protective coat in one product. The coating repels dust and protects against UV damage caused by the sun. The finish is a super-low gloss; the interior just ends up looking clean and brand new, no fake look.

:iagree: I have recently started using 1Z and LOVE the results. I had used DP prior, and was very satisfied with it, but 1Z removed some stains that DP was unable to and didn't require a follow-up protection product.

My vote goes to 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium. It cleans and leaves a protective coat in one product. The coating repels dust and protects against UV damage caused by the sun. The finish is a super-low gloss; the interior just ends up looking clean and brand new, no fake look.
this is my go to for interior product. i got tired of the slimy wet look that atracted everything . but not with einszett!!!!!!!!

+1

Awesome Stuff!:dblthumb2:

I use a few of the products mentioned with great success. 1Z Cockpit premium cleans the best. In terms of matte finish, I would rank them: 1Z, 303 then NL from least to highest shine. Keeping in mind that none are going to be glossy, just little brighter matte finish then they other.

Einszett Cockpit Premium -- clean and fresh
Poorboys Natural Look --- matte and just a tad darker
303 -- noticable matte look

303 Aerospace is awesome and you can control the gloss. I mean if you LIKE gloss, you can spray it onto a microfiber applicator pad and apply it all over the interior. Spray it onto the dash and wipe it in with a towel and you get like medium gloss. Spray it directly onto the towel and buff and you get low gloss.

Vinylex here. Fairly low cost, maintains a good shine and is non-sticky.

Well that wasn't to bad only a couple products to try out LOL.

Mark

I love the 1Z Cockpit Premium, it's great stuff although it doesn't actually leave a protective UV coating (I believed this was discussed in another thread and the manufacturer replied stating they did not manufacture the product to provide any).

As for the Poorboys Natural look dressing, it will darken the trim a bit.

I like the Ultima Interior Guard for protection, although I have started to like the Poorboys Natural look after cleaning with the 1Z and this is currently what I have on my dashboard.

Back