1997 Trans Am For Sale

Pontman43

Reaction score
Wasnt really sure where to post this, but I figured it could work here.

TAshow.jpg

For Sale: 1997 Pontiac Trans Am, LT1 5.7 V8, A4 Auto, leather, PW, PL, AC, fully loaded w/T-tops. 97K miles.

Mods:
Paint: Custom Paint Job (one of a kind) Damn near perfect, just a couple things only noticable if your me. Shaved side molding, shaved front nose Firebird, ghosted rear Firebird, black painted calipers w/Trans Am badging, and PONTIAC brushed stainless steel inserts.

Wheels/Tires: Z06 Motorsports black 17x9.5 wrapped with 275/40/17 BFGoodrich G-force TA KDWS

Full suspension: Dynamic Motorsports lowering springs, Bilstein HD shocks and struts, Kenny Brown Double Diamond sub-frame connectors, UMI performance lower control arms and adjustable panhard rod, Suspension Techniqes sway bars (not installed, brand new), Edelbrock strut tower brace and Energy Suspension bushings

Exhaust: Hooker Aero Chamber muffler and custom piping

Engine: 5.7ltr V8 LT1 auto, SLP cold air intake

Stereo: Pioneer DEH 7700 deck, Infinity Kappa Perfect component front speakers, Kicker Comp Mids, Infinity Kappa Perfect 10" Sub (competition sub), Custom JL box, Polk Momo 500x1 amp (competition amp), 4gage Monster cables. Only things installed currently is the deck and the mids.

Car right now sits on my side yard under a cover and rarely driven. I take it regularly to Good Guys shows. For more pictures, email me.

Oh and I have Pacesetter Long Tube Headers Coated with all emissions fittings and 02 sims sitting in my garage, brand new, worth $1k, I'll throw in.

Price: $11K obo This is a deal if you add up how much i put into this car, Paint/.hood: $5K, Suspension: $2K, Intake/Exhaust: $700, Stereo: $1600, Headers/sims: $1K, Wheels/Tires: $1500 add this up and its worth more than what I'm selling the car for! Gunna be hard to find a car this clean, clean enough to take it to major car shows and still get plenty of looks, for this price. I unfortunatly have to sell this because I can no longer afford this and my Honda and since I have to commute to school, I have to keep the Honda...

Contact info: Ph. (925) 207-4201 (Skye) or email - [email protected] or PM

1P6030409.jpg

1P6030406.jpg

1P6030398.jpg

1P6030391.jpg

1P6030392.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

Didn't you have it for sale here a while ago? Maybe you were just asking how much to sell it for. Good luck. Don't plan on getting much out of the "extras".

I would sell the parts you have that are not on the car for cash. You will get WAY more for them that way.

Good luck selling. I never have any luck private selling anything.

This conversation sounds familiar though I don't remember if it's you I've spoken to or not. I agree whole heartedly with the previous post on getting $$$'s out of the extras. Unless you know someone that truly appreciates what you've done, you just end up limiting the potential market. I know that people think that some performance enthusiast will see a car like this and be all over it but in my experience that doesn't happen. I saw a 98 Cobra listed on another forum this week. He had documented his upgrades on a web page and they really looked legitimate. He had $65,000 invested and was looking for about $17,000 out of it. I unfortunately have done the same thing several times thinking I'll never get rid of the car and then ended up taking a bath when I had to have the next great thing. If you can strip them off and sell them you'll end up being bucks ahead in the long run. Sell the exhaust that you've got sitting by itself. Smile the whole time you're driving it and enjoy it because when you look at these upgrades as investments they seldom pay off. This is particularly the case when you start talking about big buck paint jobs, you just can't recover that expense.

Add the www. to this text and you can get a look at the car I am making reference to, it seemed very legitimate on the expenses: utahconcerts.com/postpics/cobra1.html

Last edited:
High retail is 13,500 on this car, so 11K is a steal and a half. I have a friend selling a bone stock '97 for 10K, so this is a great deal. Good luck with the sale!

To answer all the questions...
Yes, I posted it several months ago and was going to sell it and wanted feedback, but decided to keep it.

Its an auto because I couldn't find a 6spd in any kinda decent condition for my price range. Besides, auto is faster in a straight line! LOL

Ebay.... thats a great idea, never really thought about that... I'll try that if I dont sell it at the next major car show I take it to...

As for parting it out... I really just couldn't do that to the car, it wouldn't be the same, you know. I might sell the stereo, headers and sway bars though...

And for the limited market... I know I am limiting my market to a smaller group of people, but to me this is ok, because I dont want it going to just anyone and want to be able to keep track of it and buy it back several years from now.

And for the price... yes, I am selling it below high retail w/all the mods, basically you can think of it as 50% off! LOL

Thanks for the comments guys!

Pontman43 said:
As for parting it out... I really just couldn't do that to the car, it wouldn't be the same, you know. I might sell the stereo, headers and sway bars though...

And for the limited market... I know I am limiting my market to a smaller group of people, but to me this is ok, because I dont want it going to just anyone and want to be able to keep track of it and buy it back several years from now.
That's an interesting thought process. I baby the heck out my cars while I own them and most people would consider themselves lucky to get one in the condition that I sell mine in. Once I've made the sale and got what I wanted out of the car I don't give a damn who buys it or what they do to it. If I thought I might want the car back I wouldn't sell it in the first place.

I had to reconsider that last statement. My good friend owns the very first car I ever owned. It was a 70 Mach 1. I got a good price out of it when I sold it and I had a twin to it that was faster at the time I sold it. He takes good care of it, in fact it's been garaged for the past 10 years. I really would like that car back. Not a lot of people that know where their first car is.

GearHead_1 said:
That's an interesting thought process. I baby the heck out my cars while I own them and most people would consider themselves lucky to get one in the condition that I sell mine in. Once I've made the sale and got what I wanted out of the car I don't give a damn who buys it or what they do to it. If I thought I might want the car back I wouldn't sell it in the first place.

I had to reconsider that last statement. My good friend owns the very first car I ever owned. It was a 70 Mach 1. I got a good price out of it when I sold it and I had a twin to it that was faster at the time I sold it. He takes good care of it, in fact it's been garaged for the past 10 years. I really would like that car back. Not a lot of people that know where their first car is.
Yep, that second statement is exactly why I want to keep track of it. Its my first car...

Back