Wash, Waxed, Glazed the Fusion

wytstang

Reaction score
Car needs some light polishing (wash induced marring) but I'll wait for the temps to come down just a little more.
Until then just a simple wash, glaze, and wax will do.
What I used:
Wash-Pinnacles soap
Wax- Pinnacles Signature Series II wax (beauty wax)
Glaze-Danse Wet Glaze (pure synthetic glaze that contains no oils, so it is sealant friendly)
Tire Protectant-Optimum tire dressing
I did 1 coat of wax and let cure (1 week since I ran out of light), following week I rewashed and added Danse Wet Glaze on top of the existing wax and allowed to cure for 1 hour. Then put a second coat of SS II to see what I get. I'm very happy with the turn out. SSII brings out the metallic in the paint and at the same time allowing the flakes to show with out muting them. Danse WG seems to have darken the paint just a smidge and really added a reflective mirror like addition to the paint. Pics taken with a Canon Power Shot G6 set to auto.
Hood
IMG_0107Medium.jpg

Driver side sail panel
IMG_0106Medium.jpg

Side
IMG_0108Medium.jpg

D. Side
IMG_0109Medium.jpg

IMG_0111Medium.jpg

IMG_0110Medium.jpg

:buffing:

Nice V6 Fusion. I also like the blue color. I think my next vehicle might be my 1st blue one. The past four vehicles have been a gray color. They are easy to keep clean.

also, what year is the GT? It looks like it has some saleen rims on it?

Stephen

Also, my brother has the same fusion... but in merlot and 4 cyl 5 speed. I am guessing the GT is a 96?

95 GT (last yr of the 5.0) sporting white replica 18'' Saleens (real white ones are rare).

95 GT (last yr of the 5.0) sporting white replica 18'' Saleens (real white ones are rare).

DANG I'm good. It also has the Saleen break lights. I too had a '95 GT Convertable back in the days. It's the white one.

ValleyStangs.jpg

This one, I was not being smart by special ordering it with an automatic trans., was one of 600+ Tangerine Orange Mustang GTs.

GTS_CUST.jpg

GTS_TRAK.jpg

DANG I'm good. It also has the Saleen break lights. I too had a '95 GT Convertable back in the days. It's the white one.

ValleyStangs.jpg

This one, I was not being smart by special ordering it with an automatic trans., was one of 600+ Tangerine Orange Mustang GTs.

GTS_CUST.jpg

GTS_TRAK.jpg
Same chrome waffles I had
sideviewofcar.jpg

Im the MAN
Saleen break lights
Nope just the factory tail light painted, the Saleen bezel are another rare find (been looking for 3 yrs).
BTW Tangerine 96's are one of my favorites, you just don't see them often.

Looking good. Thanks for the info on Glaze-Danse Wet Glaze.

Negative, way to close to having it paid off. I wanna say 2 more yrs and it's done.

Looks good, time to upgrade to the SHO now.:props:

I want an SHO so bad, but, I can't have one due to two things.

#1) Everyone would say HECK NO, you do not need another SHO. You were almost killed in one once. I still miss that '97 V8 SHO with a few mods that I had.

#2) I would not want a 1st year run of the SHO or any other vehicle from any auto maker. You will never know what problems could happen on something new like this. The SHOs have not been available since 1999.

Stephen

Back