When/If to change your pad

CEE DOG

Reaction score
Using a DA, Menzerna polish; LC-HT and CCS pads

So, I bought this foam pad conditioning brush but from what I read in some searches some people say to change the pads throughout the polishing process.

Can I keep the same pad and just use this Foam Pad Conditioning Brush cleans and reconditions foam and wool pads on the buffer. remove excess caked wax and polish from buffing pads. every so often?

If so how do I know when the pad needs to be cleaned?

If not how do I know when to change the pad?
Feed back please

Using a DA, Menzerna polish; LC-HT and CCS pads

So, I bought this foam pad conditioning brush but from what I read in some searches some people say to change the pads throughout the polishing process.

Can I keep the same pad and just use this Foam Pad Conditioning Brush cleans and reconditions foam and wool pads on the buffer. remove excess caked wax and polish from buffing pads. every so often?

If so how do I know when the pad needs to be cleaned?

If not how do I know when to change the pad?
Feed back please

I always change pads and just clean all the used pads when the detail is completed. You can visually see the pad get gummed up and plus the pad will not glide as easily when it starts to get gummed up. I really don't see the purpose of just brushing a pad when they are so easy to change, plus with a clean pad you know that no other debris is on the pads.

I always change pads and just clean all the used pads when the detail is completed. You can visually see the pad get gummed up and plus the pad will not glide as easily when it starts to get gummed up. I really don't see the purpose of just brushing a pad when they are so easy to change, plus with a clean pad you know that no other debris is on the pads.

:iagree: I like to change pads through the detail job and then clean them when done. You will see and feel when a pad starts to get gummy and caked with product.

Back