best QDer

paradog

Reaction score
soooo many options...what do recommend if you could get only one?

IMO Clearkote Quickshine takes top honors, followed by Poorboys Spray and Gloss. Though I do have some Megs and old Wolfgang Spritz that I really like as well.

What exactly are you looking for in a QD? IMO there are three types of QD . . .

waterless wash - has the most cleaning power of all QDs and provides the most lubricity to prevent marring

gloss enhancer - less cleaning power than the waterless wash, but makes the car look "just waxed"

LSP booster - is even less suited for cleaning, but refreshes your wax or sealant

Clearkote Quickshine, Poorboys Spray and Gloss, FinishKare 425, Pinnacles Crystal Mist. So many choices .... and so many fav's.

Clearkote Quickshine or Pinnacles Crystal Mist..would be 2 good choices...I found FK425 will deminish in rain or a wash...

Clearkote or Pinnacle will last thru a rain...both top quality products..and both are compatable with a wide range of products including waxes..425 can smear and streak with certain waxes...

AL

MikeyC said:
What exactly are you looking for in a QD? IMO there are three types of QD . . .

waterless wash - has the most cleaning power of all QDs and provides the most lubricity to prevent marring

gloss enhancer - less cleaning power than the waterless wash, but makes the car look "just waxed"

LSP booster - is even less suited for cleaning, but refreshes your wax or sealant

Sometimes QDs all get lumped in one category, but there really are different types for different applications.

Here are some that I have had good results with in the different categories

Waterless Wash: Poorboy's Spray & Wipe
Gloss Enhancer: Poorboy's Spray & Gloss, Mothers Showtime
LSP booster: Mothers FX Spray Wax, Mothers Reflections Spray Wax

Back