I don't like the FK 425 sprayer!

akimel

Reaction score
I don't like it at all. The liquid comes out too big and too hard, and it literally bounces off the paint surface and splatters all over. I like the product a lot. I have not had any problems with streaking on my black car (as I occasionally have with Last Touch and Ultimate Quik Detailer). Finish Kare 425 seems to leave a slick finish, though it's hard for me to tell at this point, as I'm using it over Wet Diamond, which is very slick. But I don't like the sprayer. Has anyone else had problems with the sprayer?

Al

I just replaced the sprayer with one that provides a better (smaller drops) mist.

I have found 425 to really decrease the amount of dust I pick up in the parking garage at work. It has moved to the top of my QD list.

You can purchase another spray bottle in the cleaning supply isle at walmart. They are .99 cents. Works good...

The sprayer on mine seems to always want to start backing off as I use it. But always am able to tighten it back up with no disaster. Does seem to be an uneven spray when applied. The product is fantastic though.

AG sells lots of very high quality sprayers. You can pick up 3 of the DP sprayers for like 16 bucks right now. I usually switch all my cleaners into different sprayers.

I also love fk425. My favorite feature is that it is an anti static formula. Which discourages dust and dirt from adhering to the surface though a static charge. Love it!

What i do with alot of my QD that come in the large size bottles including the FK425 i transfer some to a smaller type sprayer since you really don't need to lug around the car a 32Oz bottle.I buy small misting sprayers from a place called sally beauty supply they carry all sizes and work great.

What i do with alot of my QD that come in the large size bottles including the FK425 i transfer some to a smaller type sprayer since you really don't need to lug around the car a 32Oz bottle.I buy small misting sprayers from a place called sally beauty supply they carry all sizes and work great.
Do you frequent Sally's Beauty Supplies?LOL:wow: Just kiddin Adam.

Do you frequent Sally's Beauty Supplies?LOL:wow: Just kiddin Adam.
Yes and only for sprayers.And since i'm almost bald i have no need for hair spray or hair color but i do like there nail files.Im the MANIm the MAN

We have a sallys beauty supply here as well! hahahahhahaha :laughing:
If you tell them i sent you they will give you a discount.:poke:

Yes and only for sprayers.And since i'm almost bald i have no need for hair spray or hair color but i do like there nail files.Im the MANIm the MAN

If you tell them i sent you they will give you a discount.:poke:

I thought you said you go there to have your hair piece cleaned and re-attached every month.Im the MAN

It was your choice, be smarter or have more hair, you made a great choice.Im the MAN
Very true but, We shouldn't high jack the post for our own entainment and now that i think i lost even more hair trying to use the KBM until you talked me out of using that also.

I like the sprayer that Dura Gloss has. Since the cap and thread is pretty universal, just find a spray head you like and use that for the 425. Sparkie must have a ton of empty bottles of Dura Gloss.

I like the sprayer that Dura Gloss has. Since the cap and thread is pretty universal, just find a spray head you like and use that for the 425. Sparkie must have a ton of empty bottles of Dura Gloss.
Agreed you just need to find a spayer that you have better control and you can adjust the mist to a fine mist instead of drops coming out.

Very true but, We shouldn't high jack the post for our own entainment and now that i think i lost even more hair trying to use the KBM until you talked me out of using that also.

Hahaha, yes we should stop. Sorry Akimel just having a little fun. We need to have UncleStu to chime in because he loves this stuff also.

Hahaha, yes we should stop. Sorry Akimel just having a little fun. We need to have UncleStu to chime in because he loves this stuff also.

Are you saying Stu loves the hair care products or the FK-425 (I vote both)...

DSC_00932.jpg

FK-425 is awesome! The sprayer sucks though. I use the big pack of sprayers from Costco or whatever else goes empty. Favorite for FK-425 is my girlfriends old bath and body works sprayer. It shoots a super fine mist.

Back