Engine dressing?

bigdawg

Reaction score
What is everybody using to dress there engine with? I am looking for something that I can spray and walk away. Thanks for the feedback.

Griots Garage engine bay dressing works very well. Use the engine cleaner before using the dressing.

I learned about CD-2 from this forum. I can get about 5-7 times out of a can. Good stuff.

Son of a Gun Tire Foam works remarkably well. Cleans, shines and protects all in one.

CD2 is great but nearly impossible to find. To conserve my supply of CD2 I've been using Megs Hyper Dressing. It works really well.

CD2 is great but nearly impossible to find. To conserve my supply of CD2 I've been using Megs Hyper Dressing. It works really well.
While I haven't checked in a couple of months, Auto Zone has been keeping it in stock regularly around here.
It is with the engine chemicals, not with appearance items or dressings.

It's a good enough product, but it isn't exactly "spray and walk away" for me.
I use it very seldom, but I seem to usually need to wipe the engine compartment down to remove any excess before I'm happy with the result.
Could be a user problem. :)

While I haven't checked in a couple of months, Auto Zone has been keeping it in stock regularly around here.
It is with the engine chemicals, not with appearance items or dressings.

It's a good enough product, but it isn't exactly "spray and walk away" for me.
I use it very seldom, but I seem to usually need to wipe the engine compartment down to remove any excess before I'm happy with the result.
Could be a user problem. :)
It's hard to get an even finish with CD2, but for hard to reach areas it's difficult to see anyway. I have CD2 under my hood for 6 mos. and all I do is wipe it down.

Wow, I never knew CD2 was such a widely used product! I first tried some about 2 years ago and have never looked back. It lasts months and months if you follow the curing instructions. I never had any problems with streaking, but it is at its best on hoses and textured surfaces.

What is CD 2?
Here you go.

pop_2_2_2_1_1.jpg

Turtle Wax - Engine Detailer

Once people find out it is a product of Turtle Wax they won't want to use it anymore. :D

I like to use the 303 Aerospace Protectant on all of the Plastic and Rubber pieces in the Engine Bay. I like a Matte Finish on Plastic & Rubber.

Meguiar's Super Degreaser to clean ... follow with Meguiar's Hyper Dressing.

Lately I have been using Megs waterbased dressing Diluted 1:1 which leaves a nice newlook finish

Back