PDA

View Full Version : black stains on steering wheel

FloridaNative
10-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Alright guys and gals! I need a little help on this one. I'm currently detailing a black VW bug. It is an absolute mess inside and out! I've been working on it for one and a half days already and it's still far from over. (I don't know how you do it Justin!! Teach me your secrets!! :p ) Anyway. He his steering wheel has vinyl and that plastic that is supposed to look like brushed metal. He has what looks like black pen ink on the plastic part. I have used every cleaner in my arsenal and cannot get it off! It's like it dyed the plastic. Does anybody know anything that can get this stuff off? All replies are greatly appreciated. :)

Excessive Detail
10-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Try a magic eraser, they have always gotten stains out that everything else couldn't touch.

FloridaNative
10-03-2006, 04:32 PM
I'll give it a go. thanks for your reply. :cheers:

SVTContour
10-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Do you have Wolfgang spot eliminator?

FloridaNative
10-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Do you have Wolfgang spot eliminator?

no. :(

GearHead_1
10-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Jen, MiraClean APC may also work on this type of stain and best of all I'm sure you have the free sample I pointed you towards a couple of months back. This stuff is incredible on gun powder stains on Glocks. :D

FloridaNative
10-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Jen, MiraClean APC may also work on this type of stain and best of all I'm sure you have the free sample I pointed you towards a couple of months back. This stuff is incredible on gun powder stains on Glocks. :D

Oh snap!! I don't have it. Now that you mention it I remember your giving me that link, but I waited to get it and then forgot. CRS disease strikes again. :(

GearHead_1
10-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Now that you mention it I remember your giving me that link, but I waited to get it and then forgot.

This sounds like family members in my own house except they usually say: "You didn't tell me that." I PM'd you the link once again. It won't do you much good this time but there is always a next and it's free.

FloridaNative
10-03-2006, 05:12 PM
This sounds like family members in my own house except they usually say: "You didn't tell me that." I PM'd you the link once again. It won't do you much good this time but there is always a next.

Thanks sweetheart. :grouphug:

Bochte
10-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Try a citrus based cleaner and a magic eraser. Spray the cleaner on and let it sit for a few seconds. Then use the eraser, but don't scrub to hard. They are quite abrassive and will dull finishes if used to hard.

FloridaNative
10-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Thank you for all the replies. :)

teeks
10-04-2006, 07:57 PM
maybe goo-gone or goof-off? ive even used them to take driveway sealant off of stuff before, although i would save them as a last resort, sometimes they can cloud finishes (definatly not for using on anything regularly)

Tex Star Detail
10-04-2006, 10:43 PM
APC with a white scotch brite pad.....?
Maybe hairspray if it is ink?

sparkie
10-05-2006, 04:46 AM
Alright guys and gals! I need a little help on this one. I'm currently detailing a black VW bug. It is an absolute mess inside and out! I've been working on it for one and a half days already and it's still far from over. (I don't know how you do it Justin!! Teach me your secrets!! :p ) Anyway. He his steering wheel has vinyl and that plastic that is supposed to look like brushed metal. He has what looks like black pen ink on the plastic part. I have used every cleaner in my arsenal and cannot get it off! It's like it dyed the plastic. Does anybody know anything that can get this stuff off? All replies are greatly appreciated. :)

Did you ever get that black off the brush metal looking plastic? Megs #39 cleans about anything! As said before magic eraser work great, and you can use a woolite mixture. As far as the magic eraser, its strong, I had some paint come off the plastic on a GM car.