Adam's Polishes - Any Comments?

dforeid

Reaction score
Newbie here, looks like some good stuff. I'll probably be asking a few questions of the experts if you don't mind!

Have a buddy that just learned about Adam's polishes at Hot August Nights in Reno. He watched several hours of demo and was really impressed with their products. Has anyone here had any experience with their stuff?

How does it stack up to some of the items I hear about in here?

Thanks in advance.........

Welcome to AG, I don't know about the experts part. I have and use Adam's products, some I will buy again. Anyhoo, IMO XMT and Klasse has Adam's beat.
http://www.autogeek.net/xmt.html

http://www.autogeek.net/klasse.html

What I found is XMT#3 and Megs#83 dose a better job then Adam's Swirls&Haze remover at getting out Swirls. Swirl & Haze Remover dose has it place, I use it were I can't get to it with the PC/DA. As far as Revive polish it's ok, but I have more depth with XMT carnauba finishing glaze. The stuff I like from Adam's is the QD, Brilliant Spray Glaze and Metal polishes 1&2. Waxes, this is best stuff I have used to date (Liquid Souveran)! It will out last, a deeper look, and slicker then the butter wax.
autogeek_1916_68698083

Welcome to the forums! I agree with Sparkie that Souveran is the best wax out there. I want to be buried with my Souveran paste wax. :p

Adams has some very good reputation for customer service (just like AG), but his products are much to similar to some beta lines. Not knocking it ... but I would consider that PBMA's lines (Wolfgang, Dp, Pinnacle) are exclusive lines and designed to be different. Sure some things share the same ingredient ... but did your momma's homemade cookies taste the same as Chips Ahoy ???

dforeid said:
Newbie here, looks like some good stuff. I'll probably be asking a few questions of the experts if you don't mind!

Have a buddy that just learned about Adam's polishes at Hot August Nights in Reno. He watched several hours of demo and was really impressed with their products. Has anyone here had any experience with their stuff?

How does it stack up to some of the items I hear about in here?

Thanks in advance.........

Im the MAN Have used Adam's products mainly there butter wax and quick detailer. The wax is ok but I don't feel the durability is there. As far as shine it does a good job, easy to apply and remove. It is just durability. There are better products available. Meguiar's #7 and follow with #26 gives a good shine and durability is ok. However, for best results a quality synthetic polish is the best. It really depends on what you are looking for. I use a synthetic on my wifes Acura, howewver on my vette it is quality glaze follow with quality wax that is silicon free. Just my $.02 :cheers:

Cool, thanks for the info. - Is XMT a Pinnacle product? I notice alot of acronyms on here that I need to get caught up on.

i have used alot of Adam's products, i think their detail spray is the best I have used. Their butter wax goes on/off easy but doesnt seem to last more than 1 month. I had good results with their swirrl remover p/c 7336 and an edge 2000 quick realease orange pad on my 2004 Impulse blue GTO I had my new hood painted and was left with swirls which adam's swirl remover worked wonders on, p/c set at 4 1/2

ditto on the butter wax and detail spray. Only products I have used from them.
The butter wax was a 6-7 out of 10. The QD was great. turned my fingers pink, but it was good stuff.

Back