PDA

View Full Version : Advice before I buy

dforeid
10-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Posted earlier on detailing the '95 Cherokee that has some moderate scratches and lots of swirl marks. I've spent tons of time on here researching my plan of attack and wanted to run it by you folks before I purchase. My thoughts were:

1). Wash/Dry
2). Clay bar
3). XMT #3 with Lake Country orange pad
4). XMT #1 with Lake Country white pad
5). XMT Carnuba finishing glaze with LC gray pad
6). Souvern Liquid Wax with LC blue pad

Does this sound like a successful plan of attack?

Feedback welcomed !!!!!!

carnut00
10-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Sounds good to me. Save time and clay while the truck is still wet after the wash and use the car shampoo as lube. Might even have to do step 3 twice depending on how well it does the first time.

abrcrombe
10-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Well depending on how bad the swirls are, you may only need XMT #2. You always want to find the least aggressive combo to remove imperfections. So test with XMT #2 and if it works, then great and if not, then use #3. You can also try other pad combinations to remove the imperfections.

dforeid
10-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Sounds good to me. Save time and clay while the truck is still wet after the wash and use the car shampoo as lube. Might even have to do step 3 twice depending on how well it does the first time.

So you'd wash the whole rig first, then say, swipe the hood with the wash mit/soap and clay bar that area, rinse, move to the next area, etc? That's OK to do? Not a problem using the water solution as the lube for the bar?

Thanks for the input!!!!

carnut00
10-04-2006, 07:07 PM
So you'd wash the whole rig first, then say, swipe the hood with the wash mit/soap and clay bar that area, rinse, move to the next area, etc? That's OK to do? Not a problem using the water solution as the lube for the bar?

Thanks for the input!!!!

Yeah thats exactly what I do. Just dont use plain water for clay lube.

ScottB
10-04-2006, 07:37 PM
sounds inviting ....