00 C5 Vette

Padron

Reaction score
My friend just bought a 00 Magnetic Red C5, it's pretty nice 29,000 miles- garage queen. Now, I am wanting one more than ever....

It has really nice paint too..

But it's not as nice as Killers....:D

Oh, I think he paid 23K, not too bad. I told him Get Souveran!!!!!

Last edited:
yeah man the 01+ vettes are really coming down. 01+ is the ones to look for as they have all the updates.

Vetts are nice, but I'm more of a 300 man!
chrysler_300_srt8_2007_exterior_2_346x270.jpg

Thanks for the kudo's ....

As for the C5, I too had one prior. They are very sexy with the larger hips and wide rear. My favorite design. Mag Red had a pearl coat added and was an additional cost option. Hopefully it has the Z51 suspension. Besides keeping it clean ... I will suggest a couple of must have mods. Tell 'em to go with wider wheels and tires. Get a Predator tuner and modify the shift to shorter and firmer if an auto, and upgrade the bars to Z06 and shocks to Bilstein if not Z51. It will handle like its on rails ... and becomes a different car.

RIP Quicksilver --- Taken Away By Senior Population in Florida

167Jan19004.JPG

167Corvette_Parts_007-med.jpg

ouch doesnt really cover it killer. I've never seen you post that before... holy crap. Did you get hurt?

WOW, I hope your Ok after that!! Looks like they slammed into you really hard..

Thanks for all the tips on the upgrades I will pass them along, he's also in planning on getting the Z06 exhaust and some other bolt ons.

His paint does have the pearlecent (Sp) sheen to it, I'll have to ask him about it.

Hopefully, someday I'll get one too..

sparkie said:
Vetts are nice, but I'm more of a 300 man!
chrysler_300_srt8_2007_exterior_2_346x270.jpg

Yeah, I like the 300 as well, Nice car, kinda has a gangster look to me. I used to have a Q45 that was similiar, to me anyways.

The babies car seat would sure fit into it a little easier though....

C5's are the best car for the dollar hands down. 20k can get you a nice '98-'99 and for another 10k you can do the twin-turbo set up that will make 500+hp to the wheels.
As far as the 300C, it's the best four door well rounded vehicle there is. I saw a '04 HEMI go through the Chrysler auction for 18k with only 31,000 miles.

Either way, both are awesome.

Rapidity said:
ouch doesnt really cover it killer. I've never seen you post that before... holy crap. Did you get hurt?

Walked away with nothing but a small scratch on wrist. Thats why I bought another ... I was hit at full speed, and I was of course traveling as such also. He thought he could jet across 3 lanes on uncoming traffic ... needless to say lowering a Vette had one drawback !

Corvette_Damage_017.jpg

killrwheels@autogeek said:
Walked away with nothing but a small scratch on wrist. Thats why I bought another ... I was hit at full speed, and I was of course traveling as such also. He thought he could jet across 3 lanes on uncoming traffic ... needless to say lowering a Vette had one drawback !

Corvette_Damage_017.jpg

Wow, That's Amazing.....You were Very lucky to only get a scratch after that. I don't blame you for wanting another....Not the brightest idea cutting across 3 lanes of head on traffic..

Did the car that hit you go over your vette because it's lowered?

I've heard so many good things about the safety in Vettes. I loved the handles in the interior Scott. Got pics of the interior of your C6?

Padron said:
Did the car that hit you go over your vette because it's lowered?

no, but the front chrome bumper on his buick played javelin with the front. Split the wheel/tire from everything but the stainless steel brake lines. Hit so hard he spun around and tapped my butt also. :mad:

Justin, no pics on the interior in the C6 currently. Black on Black with some logo'd matts. I learned a valuable lesson ... aftermarket parts are NOT covered in warranties. I got his max coverage 35K in liability insurance, but still out 10g's in extras including motor work, gears, exhaust, and lots of other toys that could not be salvaged. That even included a custom painted liner.

167Corvette_Damage_016-med.jpg

167Dec13_01-med.JPG

Back