Help me pick new products

SuperSport

Reaction score
I plan on doing a full detail to the Chevelle in the weeks to come for an upcoming show. I am wanting to try out some new products on the interior and rubber components. What do you all think would be the best product for the vinyl interior. Almost all of the interior is vinyl and I am just looking for something that will clean it and give it that new look. I dont want anything to shiny. What do you think would work good on all of the rubber and gaskets around the car. Last I am looking for a good tire shine that will not sling and that is not greasy and to shiny. Thanks:props:

I cant help you with the rubber gasket or the tire shine that will not sling sonce I havent invested any money into quality products yet... but for the interior it may be a little unorthadox but I use poorboys leather stuff. I personally like a leather product for all of the interior of my car. It gives it a nice clean look but it doesnt make it look too shiny or greasy at all. I have heard others reccomend cockpit premium for what you are looking for also but I have never used it.

I use 1Z Gummi Pflege for the rubber seals and (normally) 303 Aerospace Protectant for all plastics/vinyl. I just picked up a bottle of Optimum Leather Protectant though. Heard nothing but good things about it so if it works well it may replace 303 in my cabinet. For the tires, Opti-Bond Tire Gel is awesome. Just the right amount of shine without being gummy and horrible like the over-the-counter stuff. It's water-based, so when it rains instead of slinging up onto your paint it simply washes off.

IME, the best thing to clean vinyl is just warm water with a little bit of soap. Very affordable, and also effective. I have used the Meguiar's Rich Leather Wipes with success on vinyl seats. Makes them satin/sheen, but not overpowering. I also use them on the leather bench in my old truck ('71 GMC) and they look the same. (Here's a pic I found.)
int2.jpg

The previous suggestions of 303 or the 1Z Gummi Pflege on everything else is spot on.

For tires, I use Surf City Garage Beyond Black. No longer carried here at AG, but it is usally available OTC at Pep Boys for me. It leaves a very matte finish, but also very deep and dark. Or you can apply two coats and add some shine. It is also water based, and dries pretty quickly (if you wipe it on good). Have never had any sling from it.

DLB

For interior trim, 1Z Cockpit Premium followed by 303, buff residue with a microfiber.

For all the rubber and weatherstripping, I'd give the new Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant a try. Testing has shown some great results, and I'm liking it myself so far quite a bit.

For tires, Optimum Opti-Bond.

I plan on doing a full detail to the Chevelle in the weeks to come for an upcoming show. I am wanting to try out some new products on the interior and rubber components. What do you all think would be the best product for the vinyl interior. Almost all of the interior is vinyl and I am just looking for something that will clean it and give it that new look. I dont want anything to shiny. What do you think would work good on all of the rubber and gaskets around the car. Last I am looking for a good tire shine that will not sling and that is not greasy and to shiny. Thanks:props:

I would use Griot Garage Interior Cleaner and DP Interior Dressing. You cant go wrong with that combo

Einszett Cockpit Classic (aerosol) or Vinylx should work well on interior. For matte tires use 303, for brighter look use Poorboys Bright/Bold.

Back