How you like your tires finish?!!

AudiTTman

Reaction score
When it comes to the intensity of wheel dressings, whether it be Super Glossy all the way down to a nice matte finish, should the color of the car be considered. In a more simple way of asking, do certain color cars look better with super glossy tires? Do certain color cars look better with a more natural rubber look?

This may be the most absurd question i have ever posted, but i couldnt resist to ask haha.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder. Just like some like a reflective finish that a sealant provides and some like the warm glow that a good nuba gives.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder. Just like some like a reflective finish that a sealant provides and some like the warm glow that a good nuba gives.

ohhh i feel ya on that, i should have known this would be more of a preference deal lol

ohhh i feel ya on that, i should have known this would be more of a preference deal lol
If you took a poll you'll find that most Geeks here perfer a matte finish with a little sheen.

Well I think the Chevelle looks best with just a matte finish. On the other hand I like the Z to have a nice shiny look.

With Adam's VRT, you get a matt shine which is neat

I don't like blingy blingy tires. A nice satin finish with a little extra shine is fine for me. I like the look that Meguiar's Endurance gives after it's been wiped down. A few pics of Endurance:

P6210581.jpg

P6210588.jpg

P6210589.jpg

I like super glossy so when I'm riding I can see the reflection of the yellow line in the tire haha just my personal preference I like my shiny chrome rims and than a shiny tire to look at.... it makes people look away from my nasty wheel wells :dig:

I like a satin finish. Not to shinny, not to matte.:xyxthumbs:

When it comes to the intensity of wheel dressings, whether it be Super Glossy all the way down to a nice matte finish, should the color of the car be considered. In a more simple way of asking, do certain color cars look better with super glossy tires? Do certain color cars look better with a more natural rubber look?

This may be the most absurd question i have ever posted, but i couldnt resist to ask haha.
:props: I think it is a great question.
I definitely prefer a matte finish on my tires, but a lot of people do seem to like shiny.
My tire store has a note on my account, "No shiny Shat". They spray a shiny dressing on most of the new tires they mount.

I had never thought about different colors, but I do know that for me, different cars need to be certain colors or possibly not certain colors. Red or black are my colors of choice in cars, but I had a 1979 Black Lincoln Mark V that I loved and think it would have been terrible in red.

Back