Light scratch removal? Help

mastersmech

Reaction score
I have six coats of Zaino on my Torch Red Mustang and wow is it deep looking. I love the results. However, twice I have lightly wiped off small debris such as a bug with a paper towel and appear to have small scratches I can't easily remove. I never scrubbed or anything, basically just brushed it off. It's not catastrophic and hardly noticable to anyone but me. Anyone got any advice?Feed back please

You don't want to touch the paint with a paper towel, and best way to remove bugs and bird droppings is washing the car and using the correct tools. Examples: bug wash, bug sponge, Shmitt. To remove the swirls, do you have a PC? If so, use any light polish like XMT#1 or SSR 1. Let us know if you have more questions.

abrcrombe said:
You don't want to touch the paint with a paper towel, and best way to remove bugs and bird droppings is washing the car and using the correct tools. Examples: bug wash, bug sponge, Shmitt. To remove the swirls, do you have a PC? If so, use any light polish like XMT#1 or SSR 1. Let us know if you have more questions.
I didn't remove smashed bugs. It was like I picked it up with the paper towel and left scratch marks. Also if you lightly rub your finger nail against it, it seems to scratch as well. Any tips? Thanks in advance. By the way, what is a PC?

no paper towels for one .... a very soft microfiber. Saturate the area with a good qd'er, then wipe carefully and only in one direction.

killrwheels@autogeek said:
no paper towels for one .... a very soft microfiber. Saturate the area with a good qd'er, then wipe carefully and only in one direction.
Sorry to be an idiot, but what is a qd'er?

Well if you're being as careful as you've described and with as many coats of sealant as you have on it, you're probably not scratching the paint but the layer of sealant. :p You'll know for sure when you strip it down and start over. :p

GearHead_1 said:
Well if you're being as careful as you've described and with as many coats of sealant as you have on it, you're probably not scratching the paint but the layer of sealant. :p You'll know for sure when you strip it down and start over. :p
You're probably right. Thanks guys!!!

I have a list of detailing product acronym decoder that I downloaded from someone else's post. However, it is in a .bmp format so I'm not sure how to post it here. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll email it to you.

Don't worry though, after reading these forums for a few months it'll all be second nature.

I know XMT 1 was recomended. I have both one and 2. I'll recommend XMT 2 Unless it's real real light scraches Id go with the XMT 2 then XMT 1 but that's just my 2 cents! But test the 1 on a small spot and see it that will do it first. If not move on to the XMT 2.

Last edited:
Back