PDA

View Full Version : First Order

marineman227
02-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Starting to work on my first AG order and just wanted to run things by everyone and make sure I will have a good group of products that will work well and double check the order I should use them. I have always enjoyed detailing my personal vehicles but have never really given them the best that they deserve using mostly parts store brands and poor technique.

Order includes PC 7424XP, 2 orange, 2 white, 1 gray and 2 (free) red pads, Poorboys black hole show glaze, Poorboys Natty blue paste wax, Poorboys blue polish with carnuba, and getting the XMT 3 pack with #1, #2, and #4.

My plan is for the first detail this spring using either #2 or #4 with an orange pad depending how bad the paint is. Next if I use #4 first I will follow up with #1 (should I use #1 after #2 or skip?). Next I plan to do the glaze with a grey pad (or should this be a white?), then the paste wax by hand on top. Would I see any benefit throwing the PB polish in there or keep that for a one step once I get the paint back into shape a bit?

Any help would be appreciated, any changes or additions are welcome, I'm new to this and want to really make my truck shine. It's not black but a darker grey color. I have no experience or any reason that I'm going with mostly PB other than price and from pictures I love the way it looks on darker vehicles. Again any steps I need to add or any product changes are more than welcome, just want to learn all I can and start growing my collection like some of you have.

maxisiri
02-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Choose 5.5 low profile for your pads for de PC XP, they are the best choice IMO for that machine. Wolfgang Twins are a very good choice and for a paste wax, DP Max Wax is Awesome!

Old Tiger
02-21-2010, 04:51 PM
As I learned too late dont waste money on red pads. Get more gray and white instead. I have the Griots. I chose it over PC because "Customer for Life" guaranty and , D handle and more powerful motor. Cant go wrong with PC or Megs either. Most like the 5" backplate and 5.5 pads, myself included. Use code AGO for free shipping. Hope this helps and welcome to the addiction. Also join VIP for weekly great deals.

marineman227
02-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Not ordering any red pads, they are freebies with the PC kit that I'm ordering. The kit has the PCXP, 5 pads of your choice, 2 free red pads, 2 microfiber towels and the XMT pad cleaner and conditioner. I have now spent all day on AG and after reading many of the show n shine posts it seems like lots of people are using 105, 205 for a good cleaning combo, now I'm very confused on what I should get for a first order. I know that down the road I will be ordering much more but for now I'm not exactly flush with money so I want just a few things that will work well together on most finishes. I don't really know what will work well together to really make the finish pop to it's fullest potential without adding wasteful steps.

Rsurfer
02-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Not ordering any red pads, they are freebies with the PC kit that I'm ordering. The kit has the PCXP, 5 pads of your choice, 2 free red pads, 2 microfiber towels and the XMT pad cleaner and conditioner. I have now spent all day on AG and after reading many of the show n shine posts it seems like lots of people are using 105, 205 for a good cleaning combo, now I'm very confused on what I should get for a first order. I know that down the road I will be ordering much more but for now I'm not exactly flush with money so I want just a few things that will work well together on most finishes. I don't really know what will work well together to really make the finish pop to it's fullest potential without adding wasteful steps.Take maxisiri advice and get the Wolfgang twins to start. You can alway's step up to Meg's 105/205 or Menz. Wolfgang is more user friendly for noobies.:buffing: BTW don't forget to clay first.

evilwrx
02-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Take maxisiri advice and get the Wolfgang twins to start. You can alway's step up to Meg's 105/205 or Menz. Wolfgang is more user friendly for noobies.:buffing: BTW don't forget to clay first.

:iagree:

I use the red pads for wax application on my pc, they work great for that.

marineman227
02-21-2010, 07:52 PM
After spending about 10 hours on AG (at work so at least I'm getting paid) today I have placed my order, using a mix of the recommendations here and what my eyes and pocket book think will work. Like I said before I don't know much about the premium detailing products but hope to get into this a bit more and maybe at least make my hobby pay for itself. If I get any warm weather here I plan on giving my motorcycle a long overdue detail job, then once spring hits I will really hammer on my truck. It stinks not having a heated garage and being in WI winter gets really long.

Order is as follows:
PCXP "perfect starter kit" includes polisher, 5 inch backing plate, 2 white 6.5" pads, 1 gray 6.5" pad, 1 blue 6.5" pad, 2 white cobra microfibers, XMT pad cleaner and conditioner, 3.5" backing plate, 4 orange pads 4".

Wolfgang Duo 3.0, both wolfgang polishes 5.5" orange pad, and a microfiber

Poorboys Blackhole glaze

Poorboys Natty Blue

DP total interior combo: cleaner and protectant, 2 applicators and a microfiber

2 Scmitt's and a few extra applicators.

As far as wash and clay I have some Megs gold class wash and mothers clay left that I got at a parts store so I hope this is all I will need for a good start.

Little bummed that I can't afford $500, was hoping to get the wall banner but oh well. I will hopefully get some Max Wax soon since everyone speaks so highly of it but it's just a bit rich for me right now, I love what I've seen out of the Natty's blue and the price is right.