Whats your last try polish before moving to compound

MobolWerks

Reaction score
Whats your last ditch polish before moving to compound

Mike,

I am curious about hearing what you would condider your "go-to" heavy polish, or even just top 3, before you decide to move on to compounding???

i.e. what would you try as a test before moving to a compound for deeper problems??

I am assuming your answer is gonna be based on what the exact problem is that I am trying to fix, but I was hoping you could give me (us) a good list of heavy polishes to keep on hand.

Thanks!

Feed back please

Last edited:
I would try M205 with a orange pad and if that doesn't cut it then i move to compound.

I'm curious what the biggest difference is between M205 and SIP???

Obviously I realize 205 is a compound, but in terms of what you can remove (assuming you choose the right pad), what are the biggest benefits of using one over the other??

Obviously I realize 205 is a compound, but in terms of what you can remove (assuming you choose the right pad), what are the biggest benefits of using one over the other??

Megs 205 is a finishing polish more like FP from Menzerna IMO. Megs 105 would be a bit more fair in comparision to SIP but clearly Megs 105 is more abrasive and continues to cut on the same level as its using non diminishing abrasives. The best part of SIP, its starts up with some cutting ability and breaks down to a very glossy and reflective finish often as nice as most finishing polishes.

Ignore me, I'm retarted and said 205 in this post and meant 105:) I was multi-tasking between posts...

regarding that though, I was under the impression that SIP was much less aggressive than 105, so I am a little confused why you would consider using one or the other for the same type of defect???

Can you elaborate when you would use which one and why??

Thanks!

Megs 205 is a finishing polish more like FP from Menzerna IMO. Megs 105 would be a bit more fair in comparision to SIP but clearly Megs 105 is more abrasive and continues to cut on the same level as its using non diminishing abrasives. The best part of SIP, its starts up with some cutting ability and breaks down to a very glossy and reflective finish often as nice as most finishing polishes.

Also, not to completely wear you out, but would you consider Power Gloss a better choice than 105, simply because of the diminshing qualities???

I am assuming it is preference related, but in terms of overall usefullness, which one would you rather have on your shelf?? :)

Ignore me, I'm retarted and said 205 in this post and meant 105:) I was multi-tasking between posts...

regarding that though, I was under the impression that SIP was much less aggressive than 105, so I am a little confused why you would consider using one or the other for the same type of defect???

Can you elaborate when you would use which one and why??

Thanks!

I find SIP to be a medium (moderate) swirl remover and breaks down to alot of gloss as a finishing polish. I dont see alot of detailers needing more than that initially and never suggest going more abrasive except when needed. Infact I use to offer Nano over SIP because it was even lighter but found most (including me) needed a little more power initially and SIP did it.

Now depending on a finish, heavy waterspots/oxidation/scratches I might grab 105 first. I generally like the product just find it stronger than some might need.

Also, not to completely wear you out, but would you consider Power Gloss a better choice than 105, simply because of the diminshing qualities???

I am assuming it is preference related, but in terms of overall usefullness, which one would you rather have on your shelf?? :)

I would go 105 over PowerGloss ... while I like Powergloss you will need to work down with additional polishes to remove micromarring and haze created from PG. 105 seems to be quite abrasive while finishing alot better which takes less time and effort.

As with any product, you measure the benefits and weaknesses and your finish (or environment) and then choose what fits you best.

Menzerna Sip all the way.I am going to try M205 with my surbuf pads to see what that combo will do.

Re: Whats your last ditch polish before moving to compound

Obviously I realize 205 is a compound,

Megs 205 is a finishing polish

Good catch...

Mike,

I am curious about hearing what you would consider your "go-to" heavy polish, or even just top 3, before you decide to move on to compounding???

Interestingly enough, I rarely ever am asked to work on anything that is in good condition. Almost everything I ever work on needs compounding. It's a good idea to test first using a product less aggressive than a compound though.

:)

Back