PDA

View Full Version : a little help from the members please

pmdureska
04-07-2010, 12:44 PM
so my son in law just purchased a Mercedes E550 (sweet!)Feed back please and is going to Germany to pick it up in a few weeks and drive it around for a week. it's then shipped to him in 6-10 weeks. his birthday is upcoming in a couple weeks and i was going to get him some auto detailing supplies. i was thinking along the lines of a clay/lubricant (it'll need it) and also a sealant/wax/quick detailer package with appropriate microfiber towels. i've already clued my daughter into the 2 bucket method/grit guards/ no dealer wash/detail to prevent marring the finish before they get the car.
feel free to tell me what products you would put into his birthday package? thanks to all who respond in advance.

OCDetails
04-07-2010, 01:01 PM
You are going to get as many different recommendations as you get replies, but I'll be the first to suggest This Kit from Autogeek. (http://autogeek.net/wg6500.html) It has the clay and lube as well as the rest of what he needs for an outstanding shine. It has everything you just mentioned and is well worth it. If he is going through the trouble of going all the way to Germany to pick it up, then you might as well surprise him with German technology car care products when he gets back. :)

Munich77
04-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Congratulations. He will love this car. My wife has a previous body style E class and it is a stunning car. Your son-in-law should be fortunate to have such a considerate father-in-law.

As for the birthday package, it all depends on the color of the car. Good news is that most likely the E-class will have a ceramic clear coat which is a bit more resistant to scratches. H

For the package here is my idea:
(1) for clay you can get always some of the OTC stuff. Personally I like the Mother's clay bar
(2) Detailing spray - my favorite one is FK425
(3) LSP - I would go for something very durable such as one of the collonites, FK1000P. That new DP Poli-Seal looks great too.

If you end up ordering from Autogeek you could also throw in some of the free samples :).

dublifecrisis
04-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Menzerna SIP and 1z pasta intensive are good for cermaiclear finishes that Benz have. I would also suggest P21s gel for the wheels.

5.4 Shelby
04-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Like OC said, this is a wide open question beggin for a million diff answers.

I do like his suggestion of the German products. That WG kit should be a good starting point. If he doesn't have the 2 bucket kit w grit guards, that should also be included. Looks like he would need a wash mit as well.

Good luck. Good present idea.