differences between diminishing and non-diminishing

cadd

Reaction score
Can anyone give me the scoop on the difference between diminishing and non-diminishing polishes..and is there a distinct advantage with one over the other, or when you should use one over the other?
Thanks

Meg's 105/205 uses non and Menzerna uses dimin... which is better? Close call. I would say non cuts faster. I would use Megs on heavy marring vrs Power Gloss. On mild swrils, SIP and Power Finsih works great.

Diminsihing abrasives in finishing polishes finish down better. And like Ron said above, non-diminishing like 105 cuts faster(less work time).

Ok..I ordered some Menz Power gloss the other day..havent had a chance to use it yet..but if it has deminishing abrasives...how will I know when it has broken down enough? Will it turn hazy or dry up?

Ok..I ordered some Menz Power gloss the other day..havent had a chance to use it yet..but if it has deminishing abrasives...how will I know when it has broken down enough? Will it turn hazy or dry up?

Use it sparingly and try to get it evenly spread on the pad. Once it's finished it will "flash" or go from a white film to almost clear. At this point do another pass with only enough pressure to keep the pad flat. Don't let it dry and clean the pad often.

Back