Layering Meguiars Gold Class?

green_fusion

Reaction score
First time poster, long time browser, been reading these forums since last year. I ordered an 06 Fusion last Nov. and had it delivered to me in England (stationed here), and before it arrived I ordered all the goodies I needed from AG. I prepped it for winter with the klasse twins. I have 3 coats of SG on the car and I have some left over Meguiars Gold Class. I want to give the paint a little extra pop, if I use the gold class will it remove the Klasse, does it have polishing abilities in it? If so, I obviously don't want to use it. I just want something that I can layer over the Klasse, and since I have some left over gold class I thought I would use it if possible. If I can't use it I'll just order some carnuba wax from AG.

I'm pretty certain you can use it over the SG and layer it. But if it were me I would get something different. I've been using GC until recently and I was never that impressed with it, especially after getting some Nattys Blue and Collinite.

Welcome to our little family! :) I don't know if GC has any cleaners in it, but if it does then I wouldn't use it. The collinite will give you great durability and looks too. Natty's blue, MaxWax, Liquid Souveran and Signature Series II are also great waxes for looks. :) Are you serving in the U.S. military??

light cleaners in all Meg's retail products (except professional line) as such no real layering. It could also reduce the effective power of SG. I would look to a pure carnauba as possible.

Yes I'm in the U.S. military, I'm stationed over here in the Air Force. Looks like I'll be ordering some poorboys natty blue. Now I have another excuse to buy something from AG. Thanks for all your input.

green_fusion said:
Yes I'm in the U.S. military, I'm stationed over here in the Air Force. Looks like I'll be ordering some poorboys natty blue. Now I have another excuse to buy something from AG. Thanks for all your input.

I have a military family too from all the branches. :) Thank you for your service. :) Natty's is a great wax! Enjoy it. :)

killrwheels@autogeek said:
light cleaners in all Meg's retail products (except professional line) as such no real layering. It could also reduce the effective power of SG. I would look to a pure carnauba as possible.

Yup. Gold Class is loaded with solvents, as are most liquid waxes. If you want to go with a carnauba over a sealant, then the best suggestion is to use a paste wax. Liquid waxes are almost universal in their inability to be layered. The solvent level needed to turn carnauba into liquid pretty much nukes the ability to layer it.

Back