Well, I WAS detailing my 04 Yukon XL.....

wicked1

Reaction score
....but it seems as though a street sign jumped out at my wife when she was dropping our girls off at a volleyball game. :eek: It managed to scrape up my front headlight, fender, drivers door and rear door handle. Here was the outcome of that little encounter:

img4916rt4.jpg

img4919fe7.jpg

img4920kx2.jpg

As you can see I had a pretty decent shine going on lol, but it is now in the shop being repainted. I told her Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Mother's Day, Happy Birthday, and Happy Anniversary; you're getting the gift of a fixed up paint job! :mad:

Dang, I know you feel sick! I hate taking anything to the bodyshop, most of the time the work suxs. And you take it back, again, again, again.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m52/KelsoBS/100_0054.jpg

awkward you mention that, tonight a racoon decided he was faster than my bmw. those are my broken fog lights. 100 bucks on ebay for new ones. i may also need a bumper, atleast a repaint, chipped it up bad. i was doing like 70. that things skull should be pulverised....####### coon

Ouch, I had that happen before on my old truck, I swear a sign jumped out, actually I turned to wide and drug a sign from the front fender, broke my side mirror, and all the way to the tailight. Sorry man. The paint does look good though, very shinny and deep.

Thanks for your condolences everyone. Needless to say when she first told me about I was rather upset to say the least, and the funny thing was that I was hoping it wasn't going to be too bad, because she called me while I was at work to tell me about it (probably so I wouldn't blow up if she waited for me to come home as I might have some cooling off to do while at work) and when I asked her how bad it was she just said "it's just a few scratches, maybe you can buff them out" Ummm, yeah. lol

Kelso: sorry to hear about your close encounter with that raccoon.

supercharged said:
How much does it cost to repaint that?
It's going to be just shy of $900. :( I didn't take a picture of the driver's door and mirror, but those two are also scratched up like the other shots.

Oh man!! That's terrible!! You most definitely had a decent shine going on! I'm so sorry. Kelso, man that's insane! Crazy racoon! Some of these animals are suicidal I'm convinced of it!

you should look into paintscratch.com. their markers are very nice. you can also order spray cans or paint to put in a gun if you know someone who can mask and shoot the paint.

wicked1 said:
It's going to be just shy of $900. :( I didn't take a picture of the driver's door and mirror, but those two are also scratched up like the other shots.

WOW, that's a lot. :(

Back