Starting Over ?

FASTFRED

Reaction score
I am going to attempt to repair the micro-marring on my black Mustang this weekend and I have a question for you detailing guru's I have Pinnicle Souveran paste wax on the car for protection should I wash then er-clay the car again before I attempt swirl removal with the Poor boys SSR 2.5 AND SSR 1 ?
T.I.A.
Fred :cheers:

If you haven't clayed the car then your answer to this would be go ahead and clay. go easy with the clay and use lube made for clay..some use a soap/water mix which usually causes the clay to breakdown/dissolve..btw, Use the correct ampunt of lube ,clay easy to reduce any marring that might add an extra to step when polishing.

joe.p said:
If you haven't clayed the car then your answer to this would be go ahead and clay. go easy with the clay and use lube made for clay..some use a soap/water mix which usually causes the clay to breakdown/dissolve..btw, Use the correct ampunt of lube ,clay easy to reduce any marring that might add an extra to step when polishing.

Thanks Joe,
I did clay 3 weeks ago.

Fred

No need to clay again then. Just wash then polish then wax or seal. :) And don't forget to share your pics with us. :)

FloridaNative said:
No need to clay again then. Just wash then polish then wax or seal. :) And don't forget to share your pics with us. :)
Thanks,
I will try to post some up. I will use AIO,followed by 4 Star UPP, topped with Souveran paste wax. What do you think of that combo ?

clay and/or polish should remove any remaining wax. Take your time and work each panel for several minutes.

killrwheels@autogeek said:
clay and/or polish should remove any remaining wax. Take your time and work each panel for several minutes.

Thanks . :cheers:

FASTFRED said:
Thanks,
I will try to post some up. I will use AIO,followed by 4 Star UPP, topped with Souveran paste wax. What do you think of that combo ?

Bliss!! :applause:

Back