Erik Mejia Detailed: Audi A4

Erik Mejia

Reaction score
This vehicle is a lease that belongs to one of my wife's cousins. I was asked by her to freshen it up before her lease ends later this month. Since this is family, I decided to give her the "family" discount (big mistake, this car was really neglected.) Well After 18 long hours I was able to get the following results:

The condition of the paint was worse than I had anticipated. I tackled the boots first and eventually onto the paint.

Face of the wheels weren't too bad, but barrels needed some love.

erik-mejia-albums73-303.jpg

Tools of the trade.

erik-mejia-albums73-304.jpg

erik-mejia-albums73-305.jpg

erik-mejia-albums73-306.jpg

erik-mejia-albums73-307.jpg

Now it was time for a serious bath, looks like this thing hasn't seen a water hose in weeks.

erik-mejia-albums73-299.jpg

erik-mejia-albums73-302.jpg

erik-mejia-albums73-300.jpg

Before the bath got started I rinsed and then foamed the vehicle with some CWC, followed by CWC 2BM (@ wax stripping dilution of 2oz/gallon.)

Foam breaking down.
erik-mejia-albums73-309.jpg

More tools of the trade.
erik-mejia-albums73-308.jpg

After the wash I was met with these critters, its almost like they infested the black paint.

erik-mejia-albums73-310.jpg

erik-mejia-albums73-311.jpg

After playing around with different processes (I usually go with the Meg's Duo, but wasn't getting the desired finish on this specific paint,) I settled on Menzerna's Power Finish w/ Uber Orange via rotary. This was followed by Menzerna's Micro Polish PO85rd w/ Uber Black via rotary. This was settled after several trials and at least two IPA wipe downs. I was impressed to say the least, I don't usually make it a habit of finishing without my D.A. but in this case I did not need it. The paint was hard as heck but seemed to clean up quite well using these options. Not all of the imperfections were removed but it was definitely a night and day difference. I did not chase most of the RIDS, and really just went after the swirls and water spots.

Reflection shot of tools chosen for this event.
erik-mejia-albums73-313.jpg

Polishing was done using the " Zenith Point Method." At least that is what I've heard its called.

erik-mejia-albums73-324.jpg

erik-mejia-albums73-323.jpg

erik-mejia-albums73-319.jpg

Sun shots after polishing was completed:
erik-mejia-albums73-317.jpg

erik-mejia-albums73-315.jpg

Here is one before PO85rd and Uber Black. Not bad considering it was Uber Orange and a rotary. Not too shabby if you ask me.
erik-mejia-albums73-316.jpg

Here are some final shots. This was before waxing. I apologize in advance for not taking any pics post wax (Menzerna's Power Lock) but I was pressed for time and the sun was coming down fast.

erik-mejia-albums73-312.jpg

erik-mejia-albums73-314.jpg

erik-mejia-albums73-322.jpg

erik-mejia-albums73-321.jpg

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for looking.
thumb.gif

I think he copy and pasted the write up from another board, and the pictures didn't transfer. Just means you have to do it by hand if you want us to see.

I think that's a no-no on this board (but it is funny).

I think that's a no-no on this board (but it is funny).

Really ?
I don't want to be mean. I just think that picture is funny.
Mods ... feel free to remove it if needed.

Well, I'm not totally familiar with the rules......but I've seen others be reminded that this is a family-friendly forum. I don't think it's a big deal, like I said I thought it was funny.

Really ?
I don't want to be mean. I just think that picture is funny.
Mods ... feel free to remove it if needed.

I wasn't offended, but others may be. I'll try and get the pics up in an hour or so. Thanks guys.

Back